Page 113 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1249

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Ohh, I'd forgotten about the cute Mediterranean. Yes, this bridge style would fit it perfectly!

I took today "off" to update my USS Anchorage bridge, which was one of the few bridges I made that still didn't have a schematic style cutaway view.

I had finished it more than a year ago, and a lot changed in that year! I've updated all the textures to the more accurate TNG LCARS color pallet I now use, as well as swapped the meshes of the conn/ops consoles and Captain's chair for the newer versions. The bridge itself is now 10% smaller (which isn't that obvious as the old chairs were HUGE, and the door sizes were completely off), so now this bridge is just slightly smaller than the Enterprise-D bridge, rather than slightly larger as it was before. Also, as the size is different, all the LCARS keyboards had to be rearranged, hence they have new designs now. Finally, all the materials are different as they're now using the Principled Shader available on the latest version of Blender, which is why light bounces and shadows are more realistic now.

Here are some old renders of it:

And here are the new ones (same angles as the old ones, so you can open them in different tabs and see all the differences):

Here's the MSD with the updated color pallet:
    Last edited by Rekkert; 29th Jun 2018 at 06:17.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    Reyyy, good job! I'd always hoped you might go back someday and amend the issues you'd previously picked up on.

Surprised to realise the bridge isn't so much circular as kind of a smooshed ovoid. It kind of reminds me of a ship concept I once drew as a teenager...

ETA: I like the new carpet colors, too
    Last edited by Starscream; 27th Jun 2018 at 10:08.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Ohh, I'd forgotten about the cute Mediterranean. Yes, this bridge style would fit it perfectly!

I took today "off" to update my USS Anchorage bridge, which was one of the few bridges I made that still didn't have a schematic style cutaway view.

I had finished it more than a year ago, and a lot changed in that year! I've updated all the textures to the more accurate TNG LCARS color pallet I now use, as well as swapped the meshes of the conn/ops consoles and Captain's chair for the newer versions. The bridge itself is now 10% smaller (which isn't that obvious as the old chairs were HUGE, and the door sizes were completely off), so now this bridge is just slightly smaller than the Enterprise-D bridge, rather than slightly larger as it was before. Also, as the size is different, all the LCARS keyboards had to be rearranged, hence they have new designs now. Finally, all the materials are different as they're now using the Principled Shader available on the latest version of Blender, which is why light bounces and shadows are more realistic now.

Here are some old renders of it:

And here are the new ones (same angles as the old ones, so you can open them in different tabs and see all the differences):

Here's the MSD with the updated color pallet:
    I LOVE this bridge. It keeps that great TNG aesthetic but at the same time is functional in that the Captain can SEE the stations rather than relying on turning around or having situation statistics yelled to her or him. Which was the whole point of having the round bridge on TOS in the first place wasn't it?

Yeah, I love this one, too. You did a superb job updating it with all the new techniques you've learned!

SFM Guru
    BTW, off topic, "Star Trek: The Next Generation" - The Galaxy Chronicles - "Fool's Paradise" can be read here: https://www.deviantart.com/rusty0918...dise-752011608 - featuring the USS Galaxy

SFM Guru
    I'd love to see the Voyager bridge done out in TNG colour scheme

SFM Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by SATR View Post
    I'd love to see the Voyager bridge done out in TNG colour scheme
    I once had a similar idea; the lighter greys switching to TNG creams and the dark metal greys switching to bronzed / gunmetal colors.

I always thought something like that - or a Galaxy bridge with more Voyager-esque stylings - could work well on that old Frontier-class design by Adam Heinbuch:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frontier.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	115331
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

SFM Guru
    @Starscream - When the Galaxy gets upgraded to Battle Group Omega edition, it would get more Voyager-esque stylings.

On another note, I have Marcel De Souza doing another commission request using the USS Galaxy main bridge set that Rekkert did. Once it's done I'll put it up here.

Glad you all liked the updated Anchorage! I'm always bugged a bit by looking at earlier stuff I made and seeing all the bits where I got better with time, every time I learn something new I want to go back and change each and every previous project.

I've started work on my next commission this week, and it's a return to BolianAdmiral's USS Quasar! I'm working on a lounge for the ship, pretty much its equivalent to Ten Forward. However, it's not just a Ten Forward redress...

If you look at the saucer section of Nebula-Class ships, there are no windows along the rim of it (at least on the physical model, when they did the CGI model they just kitbashed the Enterprise-D model without a care for these differences). According to behind the scenes information when the Nebula was conceived as the USS Phoenix, it was supposed to have a smaller crew than the Enterprise, and be less a ship of the line, and more of a workhorse.

Because of all this, Bolian and I came to the idea that the ship would not have dozens of small lounges like the Enterprise has, but rather only one that's very big. It'll be two decks tall, and be on decks 2 and 3, with a balcony on the former looking over the main floor. Given its location and large layout the room will have windows looking both forward and upward. Because of its location, the lounge is called Two Three Fore.

The lounge itself will be a fusion of the Rec Room from TMP and Ten Forward, while incorporating several new elements like the aforementioned balcony and a main staircase to access it. I've started work on the side walls which are based on the aforementioned Rec Room, though each segment will be longer.

Last edited by Rekkert; 5th Jul 2018 at 09:24.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    Awesome, I once had a very similar idea to this for the Enterprise-E.... Now I'm absolutely going to have to dig out my old Trek stuff that I archived!