Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1249

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Obsessed
    TBH I think 80% sounds spot on - and as I said, the later production batches certainly seem on a par with the late TNG Enterprise at least (though goodness knows what's been done to uprate the other Galaxys in the meantime! Hahaha)

I should point out, I mostly enjoyed Discovery, albeit as glitzy popcorn fare rather than a legitimate Star Trek show... That said, what the current production team is claiming doesn't hold water when the objective evidence points clearly to a different story.

I also tend to think of the prototype as NCC-60xxx. Going by the (flubs aside!) sequential registries, as there are at least two others with numbers in that low range. I'd even suggest they were constructed roughly in concert with the Nebula herself; maybe each testing a variant of mission-specific pod.
    Last edited by Starscream; 6th Jul 2018 at 22:56.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

I've been working on getting the scale right before moving forward, and I had to shrink everything substantially to get there. The area is still the same on the deck, but the whole room is a lot shorter on the Z axis. Turns out that the TMP lounge is actually 3 decks tall (which of course doesn't fit at all on the TMP Enterprise), so I had to change the walls a bit to make them work with just 2 decks.

I've also filled in the remaining basic structure with the floor and internal wall. A Ten Forward style bar will be placed along this wall, with a giant screen on top mimicking the TMP one.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Very nice progress! I like the way the side walls and forward walls look so far. The shape you have for the forward bar area wall is exactly what I want. I'm kind of wondering though, what the area looks like exactly where the doors will meet the side walls? Should we put a very small straight section there, to have a smoother transition to the side walls from the 45-degree angle, or what? I sent you a couple notes, but I like how the layout is looking so far.

@BolianAdmiral: Glad you like it so far! I've added in some modifications based on your feedback of the light strips.

I've also cut the ceiling windows in, I'll be adding details to the ceiling area next. particularly some more lights so that I can stop using magic balls of light to illuminate the room.

Oh, sweet... those new light strips look fantastic! They're perfect now! I'm loving the ceiling windows, too... this must be a really fun lounge to enjoy the view from when the ship is docked inside Spacedock, lol. I agree, having a bit brighter lighting on the renders would be very helpful, lol.

@BolianAdmiral: Once all the windows are in place, I think I'll have some fun with a nebula view, it should look great with those windows.

Speaking of those windows, I reworked them to be more accurate to the Nebula-Class model, as I had just done them on the Galaxy layout. Now the four windows on each set are evenly spread out, and have less rounded corners.

Other than that, I've started the bar area, with its huge screen on top, and I'm toying around with different ideas for the ceiling lights and details.

Oh, nice! Very cool update! The new windows look great, and I love how the bar area and screen turned out. I think I might have an idea that may help with the ceiling and lights a bit. I'll include that idea in my notes tomorrow. I'm glad you had the thought to make the overhang above the bar rounded, as opposed to angular - looking at it now, I think the rounder corners of it make it fit a lot better with the TNG look.

Quite a bit of progress on the bar area, and a lot more lights! Bolian decided to go with a more Rec Room style lighting rather than the darker Ten Forward, so there are big ceiling lights now.

Very nice, love it.
    Have you ever built the bridge of the NX-01?
    Are there pictures?

SFM Obsessed
    I think you could lose the spotlights now you have the larger panels (tbh they kinda make it look a bit like a 90s ballroom in my mind lol)

The bar area is awesome, and I love the vertical lights on the padding (like a lighted version of the bridge red alert indicators)! Not too sure about the 10Fwd grey panels though; they're a bit of a clash with the other fabric areas as they are. Have you guys thought about making them a darker tan instead?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.