Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Guru
    Hmm. Going back to Rekkert's post #563, the plan view suggests you may be right - almost as if there were three TNG-style vertical status panels either side of the viewscreen (though I suspect it was never implemented, as those walls still featured single graphics panels thereafter).

(Albeit IMO) these displays work better as they are though, and fit with what has been established on screen previously.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@Starscream: I thought about adding more screens or some unseen stations, but in the end I know they weren't really there on the set, so I didn't want to deviate too much from the layout we know. I've modeled isolinear chip bays behind each removable access panel.

@Ashleytinger: Yeah, the blueprints show 3 individual panels, however on the episode we clearly see one side of the viewscreen with only one long panel. On 'The Best of Both Worlds' and 'All Good Things' we see the same set reused with only one long panel at each side again. The blueprints appear to be very inaccurate on the front area of the bridge, as the whole viewscreen is completely different from what's shown on this set, if you compare the measurements to what we see on the Battle Bridge or the Stargazer, it's completely different. The plans were clearly made as a 'redress guide' for the Enterprise-C, after the set was already built, and isn't very accurate.

I've worked a bit on the ceiling. I'm not entirely sold on it but here's what I've got so far. I wanted to incorporate the ceiling piece we saw from the Sutherland, but with a central piece. I'll keep tinkering with it, any ideas are welcomed.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Yeah, I can understand that -especially as the blueprints are quite empty in that area Though as far as those chips are concerned, pics or it didn't happen!

I'd never noticed that shot was of the front of the bridge! Though I clearly should, in hindsight...

As far as the ceiling's concerned, to me it's just a wee bit too busy compared to the rest of the set. I think I'd most likely do as follows:
    1) Alter the angle of the strips in the upper lights to emulate the \_|_|_/ shape on the rear consoles, tying the design together a bit more.
    2) Ditch the bottom light panels entirely (not least to reduce glare when looking at a black viewscreen, but also because there was no sign of intense downlighting for the actual set).
    3) For the circular panel remove the strips, and apply one of the diffusing mesh textures you've used before, making it dimmer than the surrounding lights (or maybe put some kind of astrogator/cartography dome there instead? You've probably got more free reign there than anywhere else, after all!)

YMMV of course.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Alright alright, here you go. I've prepared these to give the bridge some interactivity when added to Stage 9.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061