Page 161 of 170 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1699

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

I mean, supposedly the whole idea was to leave the saucer behind with non essential personal and just go into battle with the stardrive, too bad budget constrains put an end to that idea, as doing FX shots for both the ship and the separated parts was too expensive.
    It was ahead of its time in a sense, today with CGI, that could've worked really well, and they'd use the battle bridge every time they know they're going into a dangerous situation. Imagine how much more tense every standoff with the Romulans or Cardassians would be if they'd be in the darker and more compact battle bridge rather the the hotel lounge main bridge.

Anyway... I've added the chosen version of the lights all around the bridge, plus I've added a further TNG touch by making the strips a reflective silver. That's something we only really see on the Enterprise-D and E. The TMP era lighting fixtures (and the Odyssey and all other redresses) are always a non reflective black.

I must say I prefer the older, bigger ceiling structure, but this one does work a bit better with the era. I'm not sure the stripes work on the ceiling lights though... Maybe the original angled lines from the Sutherland would work best.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Go with the original angled lines from the Sutherland then. They would definitely look better with that ceiling fixture.

I think the resaons for it not working are several fold:
    1) The ceiling light being so much different a color from the lower strips,
    2) The edges of the light panels being so severel angled compared to the rounded lower ones
    3) It being a tad much with the bottom panel decorated that way (would look better with the stripes on just the sides).

The new central light is definitely an improvement.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    I think I'm with Rekkert here that the best idea is to go with the angled lines that were present on the Brattain and Sutherland bridges.

Yup, as I said - they'd need a bit of rework to get them to gel with the lower ones... It's a lot simpler to swap them out.

ETA: That said, I did a quick photobash to illustrate what a difference the lower panels being blank makes. What do you guys think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modification to Lighting.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	115746
    Last edited by Starscream; 3rd Jan 2019 at 22:20.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

Here's the modified ceiling:

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Lol damn - you got in there before I could amend my post

SFM Guru
    Much better!

OK we can proceed with the next stuff. Did you get my suggestion for the standing consoles? (Starscream approved of 'em.

Furthermore, clear the upper part of that thingamagig above the viewer of its LCARS: I'd like the whole thing to be a condition red flasher a la BOBW II.

Oh god, I can't remember whatever that was now...

SFM Guru
    Those new proposed stands would be based off of a thicker version of playground parallel bars like I posted earlier, though it would be a single, thicker bar stand with the console on top of it.