Page 163 of 170 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1699

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Ooo, that looks cool!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Battle Bridge with a better budget. I like it!

SFM Guru
    Yep ashleytinger. That's the idea.

As with yesterday, that thing went over my head. However, I wouldn't mind Scragnog doing something with this battle bridge. As long as he doesn't trash the ship.

Yeah, moving the tactical and security (or tactical II) consoles back and giving them back their old stands works better with that railing.

I wonder if you can put these in flanking the MSD above those equipment lockers on the sides - alert status indicators. We saw them on the Brattain bridge in "Night Terrors" - attached is a picture (albeit blurred) from it. Perhaps you can also have the same kind of LCARS displays that flank the main bridge viewer (in 2365) here. It might also help differentiate eras, which would please Starscream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brattainalertindicator.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	115749  

Those displays were actually a TWOK-TUC era thing; maybe suitable for older designs like the Brattain and whichever (Excelsior-class?) ship Adm. Hansen was commanding at Wolf 359, but definitely not originating in the TNG era.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

SFM Guru
    @Starscream - I consider that a modernized version of said display, an LCARS version of it as you will. Though I would like to hear some other opinions on it. I am open to other's opinions on things.

Hmm, from what I can see, it's very nearly identical to the TFF version:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night-terrors-hd-029.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	115750 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tffhd0326.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	115751
    Hence why I say it's suited to the older guest ships. But fair enough.

Incidentally, I'm interested to see what the rest of that console panel looks like on the Brattain; I love the oddball consoles we keep seeing popup on guest ships, and am looking to do something with them (either individually or as an amalgamation) at some point...

To be fair, they never (IIRC) stated the name of the Admiral's ship on-screen, nor do we know how "new" it was, equipment-wise, since we never saw anything of the interior, except the backdrops behind the Admiral, which included glimpses of the bridge, which I'm thinking was possibly a redress of the BoBW 1701-D battle bridge, now that I think about it. The director probably wanted some form of red alert graphic that would be animated, so as to provide a touch more visual interest, and draw your eye to the alert status, since in the scene with the Admiral on the viewscreen, the image is not only fluctuating from color to almost black-and-white, but it also shaking and fritzed with static here and there.

Indeed, the original shooting script called for a Galaxy class ship to be shown, but they ended up redressing the BBBridge set for whatever reason.

But regardless, it's a painfully obvious re-use of the TWOK graphic.

EDIT: Memory Alpha indicates it has been stated that the Excelsor-class Melbourne was in fact Hanson's ship at 359.

2nd Edit: Another thought occurs to me: Based on Hanson's lack of focus on the battle at hand while updating Riker, I do wonder if he was sat in a CIC of some kind in a lower deck. If the Melbourne was his personal flagship, maybe this setup was installed for fleet coordination etc...
    Last edited by Starscream; 7th Jan 2019 at 20:39.

SFM Guru
    It was a redress of the BoBW 1701-D battle bridge. You notice the details closely and they are identical to the aft panels we later see on the battle bridge in said episode.

I would assume it was an Excelsior-class vessel most likely, although that can be open to debate. Heck, originally the script called for Hanson to be on the bridge of a Galaxy-class ship. However, I don't buy that explanation. Though it could be some other ship class, perhaps Ambassador.

As with that alert indicator on the Brattain - it's a modernized version of what was seen in TFF, in my opinion. I'm sure the alert text would be on the LCARS font instead of the earlier font.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    It was a redress of the BoBW 1701-D battle bridge. You notice the details closely and they are identical to the aft panels we later see on the battle bridge in said episode.

I would assume it was an Excelsior-class vessel most likely, although that can be open to debate. Heck, originally the script called for Hanson to be on the bridge of a Galaxy-class ship. However, I don't buy that explanation. Though it could be some other ship class, perhaps Ambassador.

As with that alert indicator on the Brattain - it's a modernized version of what was seen in TFF, in my opinion. I'm sure the alert text would be on the LCARS font instead of the earlier font.
    I think you must have missed my prior post.