Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1699

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Well, personally I don't think those half circles work well here (there's a reason why I didn't used them in the first place even though I already had the graphics created and it would've been easier). The limited space of having half of the console (when compared to the Zodiac style) makes the angled sides seem more prominent, thus the circles look a bit out of place when compared to a graphic that flows with the curvature of the console itself.

Still, I played around it for a bit and further reduced the bottom part of the graphics, to make the circles less prominent. Here you can see both versions side by side, which one do you prefer?

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    The left one please.

Very well, I'll prepare the final renders with that LCARS frame.

While those higher quality renders get rendered...

I recently upgraded my PC to an I7-8700 (from a 2600K) and I'm finding that I can now work in another Blender instance while rendering. So, while the PC takes its long while to finish rendering the battle bridge, I could model and render (in lower quality) another experiment of mine.

As I mentioned previously, I think this general layout would be perfect for a 24th century Excelsior, so I did exactly that (the USS Potemkin to be more specific). I modified the positioning of the wall facing consoles to mirror that of the USS Excelsior, and even included the aft alcove area from the Odyssey into it. I'm basing the LCARS coloring and some of the smaller details on the USS Righteous from the Star Trek: Borg game.

I am also taking the chance of doing something original and coming up with some new elements for it, like the captain's chair (which is a mix of the Ent-C and Ent-D styles) and the hand rails.

There's still some more work to be done on the LCARS and on some other bits I'd like to replace (like the floor level lights, I'd like to make those more like the Righteous as well). Overall, I'm happy with how it looks considering it only has like 6 hours of work into it.

That looks pretty nice. I like the colors they used for the Righteous LCARS. If it were me, I'd do something else with that area of the aft wall from the Odyssey other than the mesh-looking lighted panel - IMO, that looks a bit too barren and plain.

SFM Guru
    Pretty funky and clever! For a Miranda-class ship, you could swap out those Conn / Ops stations with that combined one you did for the Chekov bridge.

@BolianAdmiral: Well, this is supposed to be a quick project I do in just one day or two, but I agree with you there. I do have elements from my previous Excelsior-Class ships which I can repurpose, so...

@Rusty0918: That's a great idea! However I think it'll be best if I let the "Constellation set" rest for a while before the next redress.

Here are the finished renders for the battle bridge. Given the low light these took a long while, enjoy!

Good renders!

Re: the Potemkin, my suggestions would've depended on which era (or registry) you were aiming for. As I see you've gone for the later 18253 of the Encyclopedia rather than the original 8253 of the studio production list, I'd have suggested:

Expanding the recessed area at the back ala Enterprise-B (also giving you room for a big tactical standalone ),
    Replace the small framing buttresses with either the negative space dividers or fullsize lit buttresses (the small angled ones look a bit weird sticking out, not to mention a bruising hazard!),
    Swap out the dark buttress texture for a lighter metal, as they look a bit oppressive, and
    Maybe add in some lighting around the lower deck well? As I recall the E-A had full light strips in TFF... IMO that'd work well here.

I'm with Bolian on the LCARS; they look great (and I don't even like purple orange pastels, normally!), and I love the new Captain's chair -- I've been trying to come up with one for a certain design, and that looks ideal...

All other elements are great too - the brown "ship of the week" / "pre-TNG" tones, the railing mods, the carpet, the new MSD... Awesome!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    While those higher quality renders get rendered...

I recently upgraded my PC to an I7-8700 (from a 2600K) and I'm finding that I can now work in another Blender instance while rendering. So, while the PC takes its long while to finish rendering the battle bridge, I could model and render (in lower quality) another experiment of mine.

As I mentioned previously, I think this general layout would be perfect for a 24th century Excelsior, so I did exactly that (the USS Potemkin to be more specific). I modified the positioning of the wall facing consoles to mirror that of the USS Excelsior, and even included the aft alcove area from the Odyssey into it. I'm basing the LCARS coloring and some of the smaller details on the USS Righteous from the Star Trek: Borg game.

I am also taking the chance of doing something original and coming up with some new elements for it, like the captain's chair (which is a mix of the Ent-C and Ent-D styles) and the hand rails.

There's still some more work to be done on the LCARS and on some other bits I'd like to replace (like the floor level lights, I'd like to make those more like the Righteous as well). Overall, I'm happy with how it looks considering it only has like 6 hours of work into it.

That's a very cool look for a 24th Excelsior. I really like it!

As always, Rekkert, fantastic job. BTW did you try Blender 2.8 Beta? I downloaded it yesterday and my first impression is very good, although I miss the right click 3D cursor.