Page 166 of 170 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1699

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Guru
    Not sure where you go want to go next, Rekkert, whether it's the 2376 BGO upgrade of the Galaxy bridge or the transporter room. If it's the former version, then you should keep the schematics from the Astraeus since the Galaxy looks very much like that in 2376, except it has the standard Galaxy deflector dish. I was originally going to have her be the AGT variation, but I thought a variation of the Astraeus looks better, and I did want to get away from the fanboyish AGT version (I liked it initially, but now that I've grown, well).

SFM Nugget
    What would a post-nemesis, exploration (comfortable) starship aesthetic look like?

What is the look between the NX-01 and Discovery/The Cage for starship interiors?

Lots of scope to flex some creative muscles and bridge some gaps :P

@mdta I have an idea on the former, as an eventual commission, hopefully. Nothing much on the latter though.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@Starscream: Well, like I mentioned I'm basing this off of the Righteous (NCC-42451), so I'm comfortable with keeping it looking more like the Excelsior. Besides, considering the older space frame, I don't see why new Excelsior bridge modules built in the 24th century wouldn't use the older style overall. If it ain't broke...

Same thing with the dark buttresses, those are straight out of the Righteous.

@ashleytinger: Thanks!

@I14R10: Thanks very much! Yes, I've been using 2.8 since the beta came around. Lots of cool improvements! The new CPU+GPU rendering is amazing now that I've upgraded my CPU. I had the same feeling with left click select, but I got over it in a couple of days; it makes working with other programs a lot easier.

@Rusty0918: Oh, definitely the transporter room! I've been hoarding resources for the past week now. I'll probably start work on it later today, but as ever with new rooms, it'll be a while before I have something to show.

Good to know you'll be making the Galaxy a refit and not a "Galaxy-X", I never quite liked that version.

@mdta: Oh, absolutely. If I'd have the time, I would want to bridge all the gaps! hahaha

I think I'm done with the Potemkin, though I might tinker with the colors and details a bit more. The LCARS in particular, I feel like I haven't completely pinned the Righteous colors.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Keep in mind that the 'darkness' of the Righteous interiors were due to the fact that they re-used basically every VOY set, save for the Bridge, so they had to match the colors of the bridge to the darker VOY corridors and whatnot.

SFM Nugget
    I believe the USS Prometheus bridge is the same Flashbacks set used for the Excelsior - only in white colours and a brighter lighting scheme.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prometheus_class_bridge.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	115757

Name:	messageinabottle_097.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	115758

Name:	messageinabottle_123.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	115759

Name:	messageinabottle_138.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	115760

Name:	messageinabottle_262.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	115761

Name:	messageinabottle_267.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	115762

@BolianAdmiral is correct on the reason for the Righteous' colors. Since a ship that old wouldn't realistically have the interiors of a design some 50-60 years younger, I'd say it's an oddity to be ignored, rather than adhered to.

Plus, yknow, videogame fare

ETA: if you're looking to more accurately replicate the Righteous LCARS, then going by the screencaps it looks like you'd need to nix about 95% of the yellow elements - replacing them with brighter orange on the displays and the blue-lilacs on the control interfaces.
    Last edited by Starscream; 10th Jan 2019 at 06:01.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

I'm not sure that was the only reason, it seems like during this particular era the Trek set designers were keen on that dark color (just as they were on those LCARS colors). The Saratoga and Nebula Prometheus both had buttresses in the exact same dark tone, which was actually the main reference I used for painting the aft section walls this dark color.

Name:	7c11849d4ae6c01b83580022f32c37447ed308c9_by_rekkert-dc7tjzn.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	115763

Besides, I just like how it looks. It allows me to differentiate the bridge from the all-gray that were the Constellation and Belknap. The alternatives I see would be to go to a TNG beige or a TLE teal, and I wanted to keep the grey consoles.

TLE?

Wait: Nevermind, I got it Where was it specified the Lost Era was teal?

I'm not too sure about the color of those photos, as _everything_ seems quite dark. That said, it could be that they were forced to use a darker color to hide any "sins" with the bits and pieces taken out of storage lol
    Last edited by Starscream; 10th Jan 2019 at 08:36.

The Lost Era (Ent-C, Stargazer, etc).