Page 167 of 170 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1699

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Overlapping edit lol - see query added after my caffeine kicked in
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

That they used dark colors to hide the reuses is a very possible explanation indeed!

Still, on the episodes it does came across as that dark grey color, most notably seen on the Prometheus (and now that I think about it, perhaps that's the very reason why they added that big rectangle light there at the back).

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Must make a mental note of that wall sconce for future TNG era stuff
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

SFM Guru
    I never was too fond of that capsule light fixture. One other idea for those aft alcoves is that oft-used bulkhead console with the large display screen that had many uses e.g. Enterprise-A transporter room in TFF/TUC, use in Enterprise-D science labs, etc.

Speaking of transporter room - there's one thing that's going to be very noticeably different between the Enterprise-D and the Galaxy personnel transporter rooms: a longer transporter console. The reason for this is that in TNG, there are quite a few occasions that they could have used a longer console so that another crewmember could assist in special circumstances. Typically the transporter would be operated by a single person but there would be times you would need a second person.

I know what you mean about the pill-sconce (I particularly dislike the obvious "C20th lightbulb" aspect, myself). With some modifications however, it's ideal for a ship I have in the planning stage.

Re: Scotty's alcove, I always liked that the two rectangular lights in either side were sort of reminiscent of the red alert panel in TOS - it's particularly fitting for the overall look in TUC.

SFM Guru
    I did actually consider Scotty's alcove for the Galaxy personnel transporter rooms, but it would seem a bit too out of place, even with mid/late 24th century LCARS. I'm sure Rekkert would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Must make a mental note of that wall sconce for future TNG era stuff
    Dammit... beat me to it.

I quite like that wall, though it has a distinct TLE era feel to it. I mostly associate it to the Jenolan and Excalibur, as it appeared in the bridge of both of those ships.

Yeah, I really hate the cheap Ikea looking wall fixtures DS9 used sometimes. The Runabout use some awful patio sconces, for example.

Here are the final renders for the Potemkin, I did end up changing the LCARS juuuust slightly. Enjoy!

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    I did actually consider Scotty's alcove for the Galaxy personnel transporter rooms, but it would seem a bit too out of place, even with mid/late 24th century LCARS. I'm sure Rekkert would agree.
    Likewise; by now I think it'd be obvious that AFAIC anachronisms like that are best avoided (and although I know that that console was used repeatedly in TNG's science labs, with the light panels it looks far more fitting for circa 2290).

@BolianAdmiral you can have the canon version!

@Rekkert please don't remind me about those runabout lights... (On that point, this forum really needs a vomit emoji)
    I love that you're getting so much mileage out of the Connie bridge - I only hope the next ones prove to be as useful!

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Likewise; by now I think it'd be obvious that AFAIC anachronisms like that are best avoided (and although I know that that console was used repeatedly in TNG's science labs, with the light panels it looks far more fitting for circa 2290).

@BolianAdmiral you can have the canon version!

@Rekkert please don't remind me about those runabout lights... (On that point, this forum really needs a vomit emoji)
    I love that you're getting so much mileage out of the Connie bridge - I only hope the next ones prove to be as useful!
    Well, to be fair, the first time we DID see it was on the Enterprise-D in the TNG episode "The Measure of a Man" when Riker was looking over Data's specifications.

I should have said that you would agree as well. Though I do picture that bulkhead station being in other places on board the Galaxy (such as medical and science labs).