Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Nugget
    @Rekkert I'm not completely sold on this carpet... It's an improvement, but what if you went with a much lighter gray color where it's currently brown?

Something like this?

IMO the brown works better as it offers some contrast. See on the Sao Paulo for example, you have a dark color on the walls, then a light color on the borders of the floor, and then a dark color again at the center of the floor. This pattern is (usually) maintained on ships with carpeted floors (such as the Prometheus).

Here we have the same pattern (but inverted, light-dark-light). If the brown is replaced with another light color, the floor looses some contrast, and the borders with the beige walls aren't as clear.

Then again that's just my opinion, it's your choice of course.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Nugget
    While it's not my call, it looks considerably better in my opinion!

SFM Nugget
    @Rekkert Could I see these colors inverted (the light color where it’s now dark and dark where it’s now light)? The chairs definitely fade into the floor in the above render. I’m leaning towards the brown color.

Indeed, the chairs fade a bit, you can see it as well on Sisko's chair on the Sao Paulo, that's why most ships use a completely different color for the chairs. Here you go with the colors inverted:

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Just my own personal opinion, but I think the brownish-colored carpet looked/worked the best. It really "felt" like a DS9 interior. I agree that the beige carpet blended too much with the walls, and IMO, the inverted version suffers from the same thing, only blending too much with the lilac elements. The brown really made the chairs and the other elements of the bridge "pop", as it were. Again, just my own two cents.

Agreed... the violet is reminding me of Deanna Troi's old uniform, so there's a sense of familiarity to it, but the bridge looks so much more muted with that colour scheme.

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687