Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. Interesting, looking at the floor plan, how the narrower part of this bridge is at the top. It's still way too darkly colored/lit for my own tastes, but that's just my own preferences. As always, great work. I look forward to seeing your next commission come to life!

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Conversely, I often found the excessive brightness in the TNG Ent-D sets to both be a bit headache-inducing, and at odds with both the "guest" ship sets (and most of the movie ones).

As you say of course, it's largely down to personal preference, but I kinda like my retinas as they are!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like both looks, but I find the darker look more inviting and less sterile. I really love the look of this bridge in particular.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome work as usual, Rekkert.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK Rekkert, I sent you a message from DeviantArt, I'm set to pay for your next commission in the pipeline here!

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Starscream: My pleasure mate, and indeed I also prefer it to Voyager's bridge!

@BolianAdmiral: It's funny but I like a mix of both, usually I prefer darker bridges BUT with color accents everywhere. I believe that's the best combination to get the best look out of the materials, but then again that's just my own personal taste.

@evil_genius_180: Thanks!

Alright, I've been talking with Rusty and started with his commission, which is the bridge of the USS Galaxy as it looked circa 2360 (so before TNG starts).

The bridge is of course based on the Enterprise-D bridge, but with several interesting changes. The color pallet is a bit darker and colder, as are the lights. The wood accents were replaced with metal ones, and the command chairs had been replaced with a Hathaway style Captain and XO arrangement on top of a platform.

As mentioned previously, the labels are blue rather than red. Other changes such as a new Captain's chair (the TNG chair from season 2 onward) and modified aft stations will be coming.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Starscream: My pleasure mate, and indeed I also prefer it to Voyager's bridge!

@BolianAdmiral: It's funny but I like a mix of both, usually I prefer darker bridges BUT with color accents everywhere. I believe that's the best combination to get the best look out of the materials, but then again that's just my own personal taste.

@evil_genius_180: Thanks!

Alright, I've been talking with Rusty and started with his commission, which is the bridge of the USS Galaxy as it looked circa 2360 (so before TNG starts).

The bridge is of course based on the Enterprise-D bridge, but with several interesting changes. The color pallet is a bit darker and colder, as are the lights. The wood accents were replaced with metal ones, and the command chairs had been replaced with a Hathaway style Captain and XO arrangement on top of a platform.

As mentioned previously, the labels are blue rather than red. Other changes such as a new Captain's chair (the TNG chair from season 2 onward) and modified aft stations will be coming.

Oh, wow... I LOVE that Hathaway-style command area!

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    Oh, wow... I LOVE that Hathaway-style command area!
    One of the prime reasons is that the first officer doubles as the chief science officer, and she typically has her console programmed to perform most scientific functions from the two aft Science stations (although she will be using the aft stations when the occasion calls for it). I'm starting a fanfic series called "Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles" which starts in 2360 (sort of to honor the 30th anniversary of TNG). While the Galaxy was commissioned in 2357, she spent most of her time in the solar system until 2360, when Starfleet decided to assign her to proper missions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks awesome. I really like the colors, especially the chairs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a thought, but if you really want to keep it period-accurate (just prior to TNG), I would really use the 1st season Captain's chair, since that's what we saw on the 1st season 1701-D, the Yamato, and the Hathaway, Lantree, and Brattain, not to mention the 1701-C. Again, just what I would do.