Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    here is my bridge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170831-135513.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	422.9 KB 
ID:	114740  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SATR View Post
    here is my bridge
    I like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the whole Nebula/Galaxy conversation, I like to take into account the behind-the-scenes info when possible, and originally the Nebula-Class was supposed to be a smaller vessel for its appearance in 'The Wounded'. Similarly, we know that other ships with the same parts or similar style to the Galaxy are around (the Wolf 359 ships), and that they all have a lower registry number. Given this, I imagine that all this ships are offshoots of the bigger Galaxy Class project, and were quickly put together in order to test the viability of the newer technology being developed for the new flagship. So, I do imagine them all as older, and it's plausible that the Nebula does have an NCC- 6XXXX registry, but that's just my interpretation.

Regarding the Captain's chair, I imagine that what design to use is literally the Captain's prerogative, so indeed that Picard saw the Season 2 style chair in another ship and liked it is perfectly possible to me.

I've UV mapped the new platform and modified the aft stations, which now use the late TNG version of the chairs rather than the original on-rails ones. I'm also adding back the LCARS bits that won't have to be modified for this bridge.

I'm mostly researching and looking for the best references I can find for the new Captain's chair right now, so there's not much visible progress.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking great, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    Well there's no saying that the season 2 chair onward couldn't be used prior to 2365. And yes I did notice a lot of discrepancies with "All Good Things..." and "Encounter at Farpoint" (among them also being the viewscreen "chaser lights" moving in a diverging pattern as opposed to a converging pattern in Season 1).
    I was being silly with my All Good Things comment. Obviously, there are issues with that episode. For one, there's no escaping the season seven carpet on the bridge. The worst was them giving Data Lt. JG rank, when he was a Lt. Cdr. throughout the entire series and movies.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good too! Anyways, with this being underway, I'm working a bit on "ST:TNG The Galaxy Chronicles" pilot "The Sound of the Shiant." As I say, the series starts in 2360 (four years prior to the first season of TNG) on board the USS Galaxy.

In this, the USS Galaxy is called to investigate an unusual spate of ion storms that have been wrecking ships in a frontier sector of the Federation after the previous Starfleet vessel sent to investigate went silent, whether this is a natural occurring phenomenon, or the machinations of an unknown intelligence.

The captain of the Galaxy is not quite what you'd expect (wanted to get away from the gray/white haired males). Her name is Captain Sonal Chandra (and if this was any TV series I'd picture her being portrayed by Archie Panjabi of "The Good Wife" and "Blindspot," among others). Her great-great grandfather was part of Kirk's court-martial board in TOS's "Court Martial." The first officer (who doubles as science officer and mans that station typically right next to the command chair) is Lieutenant Commander Sorista, a female Shrostian. As for her appearance, try to picture what Jem looks like in the Jem and the Holograms IDW comic series, except with cotton-candy blue colored hair and blue facial markings (not makeup but standard part of the Shrostian anatomy). Oh and the chief engineer is vertically challenged (picture him being portrayed by "Game of Thrones" Peter Dinklage).

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    On the whole Nebula/Galaxy conversation, I like to take into account the behind-the-scenes info when possible, and originally the Nebula-Class was supposed to be a smaller vessel for its appearance in 'The Wounded'. Similarly, we know that other ships with the same parts or similar style to the Galaxy are around (the Wolf 359 ships), and that they all have a lower registry number. Given this, I imagine that all this ships are offshoots of the bigger Galaxy Class project, and were quickly put together in order to test the viability of the newer technology being developed for the new flagship.
    My view is similar, but that designs like the New Orleans were earlier testbeds for a new hull form and other new technologies. I imagine that originally the larger-scaled Galaxy would have had an almost identical set of proportions to the New Orleans (minus the sensor/torpedo add ons), but then during testing they determined that for the larger vessel the extended height would be better for either warp field stress, or perhaps specifically related to the separated Battle Section.

With the distinct similarity in external hull forms, I tend to imagine that at the very least, the basic internal structure (ie the bridge, quarters, corridors) would look much the same.

Coming along nicely, so far. I had no idea the rear seating had ever not been on rails. We're all learning as you go!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Progress is coming along nicely on the new chair, only the armrests and some minor details left.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Progress is coming along nicely on the new chair, only the armrests and some minor details left.

I like I like!

Anyways, I just finished my first draft of "Sound of the Shiant." If any of you would like a copy of it, E-mail me at rusty0918@comcast.net. This is the USS Galaxy's first proper misssion!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking great, dude.

Downloads
    Uploads
    VERY nice! I love the worn leathery texture on the chair!