Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Downloads
    Uploads
    @rusty0918: I'm glad you like! You have my address, feel free to send me a link!

@evil_genius_180: Thanks!

@BolianAdmiral: Thanks! It was always there, but I guess the blue makes it stand out more.

I've finished the chair. For the armrests I reused the one from the Charybdis/Anchorage version of this chair, as it was fairly accurate; however I did some heavy modifications to it to make it as accurate as I could.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @rusty0918: I'm glad you like! You have my address, feel free to send me a link!

@evil_genius_180: Thanks!

@BolianAdmiral: Thanks! It was always there, but I guess the blue makes it stand out more.

I've finished the chair. For the armrests I reused the one from the Charybdis/Anchorage version of this chair, as it was fairly accurate; however I did some heavy modifications to it to make it as accurate as I could.

Well it looks good to me!

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyways, to all you folks - here's the first "draft" of "Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles" entitled "The Sound of the Shiant." It's a Word document, BTW. Feel free to call me out on any problems, any qualms, etc.

https://sta.sh/028wg0mz6dor

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hopped over to the TrekBBS and noted some of their comments. I have to admit I'm leaning in their direction re: the asymmetry - it's rather at odds with the horseshoe and support pillar in the background.

Have you guys considered putting two of the "exec" seat & consoles in (either facing directly forward or angled towards the Captain)? I think by using the helm seating you'd still maintain enough of a unique identity from the regular Galaxy-class...

Rusty your document link doesn't appear to be working?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I hopped over to the TrekBBS and noted some of their comments. I have to admit I'm leaning in their direction re: the asymmetry - it's rather at odds with the horseshoe and support pillar in the background.

Have you guys considered putting two of the "exec" seat & consoles in (either facing directly forward or angled towards the Captain)? I think by using the helm seating you'd still maintain enough of a unique identity from the regular Galaxy-class...

Rusty your document link doesn't appear to be working?
    Well, when I first saw the configuration, I thought the command chair should be moved forward to be beside the executive station. I thought the original reason for that was to give the first officer easier access to her seat. But we could move both seats up and move them a bit further apart.

Though - I will say, maybe two secondary command seats with full-length consoles might not be a bad idea after all, if there is enough room. If not, we'll do the Hathaway configuration. Heck, the two-full length console idea was actually originally *MY* idea in the first place way way back!

The link works for me Starscream, but if it doesn't for you, what's your E-mail address? I can send you a copy directly from that? Anyways, my E-mail is rusty0918@comcast.net if you want to contact me that way for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After trying some alternatives and showing them to Rusty, here's the new alternate distribution of the command area. I still have to change the LCARS and change the consoles a bit, but the general idea is here. What do you think?

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems kind of cluttered to me with the two big consoles there. Just my opinion. I actually didn't mind the asymmetry you had before.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I think it looks much better; it reintroduces balance to the area (I normally have no problem with the Hathaway configuration, evil_genius, in fact I quite like it, but it looked incongruous when combined with the traditional horseshoe / command area here). And IMHO the cluttered feeling isn't a bad thing when you bear in mind this was the "prototype" configuration for the class... In fact to be honest, I think it'd go very nicely on a few other variants, not to mention some Nebulas!

Still not feeling that red carpet though!

Rusty don't worry - the link is working again now, or rather, the page it sends you to is. For some reason the download page was saying the file no longer existed last night. Will have a read when I get a spare few.
    Last edited by Starscream; 5th Sep 2017 at 16:20.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a side note - I also found these labels being used in a 3rd season episode... white with red lettering.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Personally I think it looks much better; it reintroduces balance to the area (I normally have no problem with the Hathaway configuration, evil_genius, in fact I quite like it, but it looked incongruous when combined with the traditional horseshoe / command area here). And IMHO the cluttered feeling isn't a bad thing when you bear in mind this was the "prototype" configuration for the class... In fact to be honest, I think it'd go very nicely on a few other variants, not to mention some Nebulas!

Still not feeling that red carpet though!

Rusty don't worry - the link is working again now, or rather, the page it sends you to is. For some reason the download page was saying the file no longer existed last night. Will have a read when I get a spare few.
    I told Rekkert that he can experiment with the carpeting, I'm not too crazy about it either.

To be fair, the original Ent-D command seating was a bit cluttered too with those chairs all together like that. The chairs are farther apart with this one.

Let me know what you think of "The Sound of the Shiant," Starscream!