Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    To be fair, the original Ent-D command seating was a bit cluttered too with those chairs all together like that. The chairs are farther apart with this one.
    Obviously, the chairs aren't that close together and there are less seats than there were on the Ent-D bridge. It also has the same amount of consoles, one each for the seats left and right of the captain. What I meant by the cluttered comment is that the two full size consoles take up a lot of room. However, that's just my opinion. What's important is that you like it, as you're the one paying for it. And, if that's how you see your command center, then that's how it should be. Rekkert's work is, of course, fantastic.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
    Obviously, the chairs aren't that close together and there are less seats than there were on the Ent-D bridge. It also has the same amount of consoles, one each for the seats left and right of the captain. What I meant by the cluttered comment is that the two full size consoles take up a lot of room. However, that's just my opinion. What's important is that you like it, as you're the one paying for it. And, if that's how you see your command center, then that's how it should be. Rekkert's work is, of course, fantastic.
    Rekkert also provided two alternative options (I hope you don't mind me posting these). This is another one, which should work. (there's also a third, but I'm not too crazy about the look of it).

Last edited by Rusty0918; 6th Sep 2017 at 06:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks nice, I like the layout of the command chair and other stations in the command area.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too - either/or as far as I'm concerned. It's your bridge though, so whatever works for your aesthetics (and the needs of your story?)
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Me too - either/or as far as I'm concerned. It's your bridge though, so whatever works for your aesthetics (and the needs of your story?)
    I agree. I think we should go with this concept. Don't you agree, Rekkert?

Have you had a chance to read "Sound of the Shiant" yet, Starscream?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rusty0918, could we see the third option anyway, just for s***s 'n giggles?

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    Rusty0918, could we see the third option anyway, just for s***s 'n giggles?
    Rekkert, please forgive me for this:

This is the third option. The chairs and consoles and the way they face definitely turned me off. No offense Rekkert, if you have anyone to blame, blame BolianAdmiral, he wanted to see it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahaha, no need to apologize, take all the feedback you need and then let me know which option to move forward with. I'll be working on the side of the bridge, the doors and the carpet in the meantime.

Regarding the available space in the command area, it's an issue of using the season 1 chairs and the entire conn style consoles, they have a lot more length than the common XO style chair and small console, hence make the whole area look a lot more crowded, particularly with the added steps that leave even less room in there.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Hahaha, no need to apologize, take all the feedback you need and then let me know which option to move forward with. I'll be working on the side of the bridge, the doors and the carpet in the meantime.

Regarding the available space in the command area, it's an issue of using the season 1 chairs and the entire conn style consoles, they have a lot more length than the common XO style chair and small console, hence make the whole area look a lot more crowded, particularly with the added steps that leave even less room in there.
    Well I'm going with Concept B (not the one I just posted), but the one with the secondary command chairs/stations facing completely forward.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not saying you should use the 3rd option, merely that I wanted to see what it was. I agree that option B works best. Thanks for letting me see the 3rd one, though.