Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    No, no, no - it looks cool! :P

I've been meaning to ask, what does everyone consider their "ultimate" or ideal Galaxy-class bridge to look like?
    Honestly, for me the ideal Galaxy-Class bridge would look almost exactly like the original concept for the GEN bridge, with a few very minor cosmetic tweaks, most notably getting rid of the geriatric shower metal handrails by the turbolifts, and upping the lighting level back up to the TV show standard.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I mostly agree with you on that; the GEN bridge was vastly improved over the series depiction - particularly with the muted tones and extra consoles, making it actually look like a command centre. I didn't mind the handrails either (a good idea, IMHO), and well, you can probably guess how I feel about the lighting
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    Honestly, for me the ideal Galaxy-Class bridge would look almost exactly like the original concept for the GEN bridge, with a few very minor cosmetic tweaks, most notably getting rid of the geriatric shower metal handrails by the turbolifts, and upping the lighting level back up to the TV show standard.
    I might in future (not right now of course) ask for several variations of this bridge - but DEFINITELY not right now. In 2365, I imagine the Conn and Ops chairs looking more like Seasons 2-7 chairs (the secondary command station chairs remain the same though) and the side panels having a "Future Imperfect" look a la your Quasar bridge, BolianAdmiral. Another refit would occur in late 2371, in which it would look more like the GEN bridge but with a few other surprises, such as bio-neural circuitry trunks (the ship gets a major refit after the loss of the Enterprise-D), the ship would be upgraded with a bio-neural computer a la Intrepid and Sovereign-classes, Type XII phasers, Enterprise-E-style warp core, etc. to keep her up to date. But this is down the line. I'm more focused with "The Galaxy Chronicles" which starts in 2360 (four years prior to TNG).
    Last edited by Rusty0918; 7th Sep 2017 at 23:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for my 'ideal Galaxy', I would also use the Generations bridge as a starting point, with some minor changes. It just looks a lot more functional than the series versions. Knowing myself however, I couldn't choose ONE ideal design, I would have to create ten different ships with slight modifications all over the place.

I've been adding back some more LCARS (changing things a bit from the Quasar, as the second to last console here is Environment as in the Ent-D), as well as working on the side panels.

It's barely noticeable, but the aft consoles have a different front section right above the chairs, as it's based on the late TNG version. I still have to change the light above the aft area to the late version.

Last edited by Rekkert; 8th Sep 2017 at 00:45.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    As for my 'ideal Galaxy', I would also use the Generations bridge as a starting point, with some minor changes. It just looks a lot more functional than the series versions. Knowing myself however, I couldn't choose ONE ideal design, I would have to create ten different ships with slight modifications all over the place.

I've been adding back some more LCARS (changing things a bit from the Quasar, as the second to last console here is Environment as in the Ent-D), as well as working on the side panels.

It's barely noticeable, but the aft consoles have a different front section right above the chairs, as it's based on the late TNG version. I still have to change the light above the aft area to the late version.

Hey, does that Mission Ops LCARS have a ship listing? I might have some ships for you to adjust to that ship listing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to admit, I really like the look of the metallic Tactical console.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    I have to admit, I really like the look of the metallic Tactical console.
    Yeah, it's definitely better than the woodgrain of the Enterprise-D (no offense all who like the woodgrain).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, metallic tac console is the way to go. Really, the color scheme as it is now is about spot on. It's amazing what changing that carpet has done to bring the color scheme together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I by far prefer the wood, but for this iteration of the bridge that Rusty0918 has, it fits, and looks good with the colors he chose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I believe I've mentioned before, I like both but for different kinds of ships. For the flagship it makes sense to have a lot of wood and warm colors, while a battleship or more utilitarian design would probably be better suited with colder colors and surfaces.
    I've added the door labels and, the most important of all updates... the blinkies on the viewscreen

I've also added a bit of color by adding the metallic blue/green of the circuitry access panels to the receded area at the top of the walls.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page