Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's really coming together beautifully.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'll forever be mystified as to why people actively choose vomit-colored LCARS...

Overall it's looking great - certainly feels like one of the "cleanest" bridges so far Rekkert. With all the teal and the blue labels it'd make an ideal Nebula-class medical ship!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love that LCARS colour scheme, it's very nostalgic... and glowy. Having said that, I wonder if it could be redesigned/rearranged in a way that's a bit more organized without looking blocky, you know what I'm saying? The colours have to indicate something... the designs make sense, visually, but I can't tell if the colour assignment does.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Attachment 114752

OK this is the USS Galaxy's dedication plaque for the bridge!

Downloads
    Uploads
    @evil_genius_180: Thank you!

@Starscream: Indeed it looks very sterile with this color combination, ideal for a medical ship. However I still have to add some elements to the design, such as weapon lockers, those are NOT ideal in a medical ship.

@BlueNeumann: Regarding the colors, well, I've taken what each color means from TNG (even if the colors are different, the relations between them are the same). Other than having one color for the titles or one predominant color for the borders, there's not as much cohesion in these kind of LCARS as there is in latter styles such as the one seen on the Enterprise-E.

@Rusty0918: I'm not able to see the attachment.

I've done the new LCARS for the tactical console, and added access keypads to all doors.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great job on the tactical displays and keypads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Rusty0918: I'm not able to see the attachment.
    Same here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting choice, to put the door keypads on the bridge doors. Are you going to keep the isolinear alcoves on the CONN and OPS consoles? Also, are the LCARS colors going to change, or is this the scheme of choice?

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK here's the dedication plaque again:

@BolianAdmiral - yes I do want the isolinear chip stuff on the Conn/Ops/Secondary console supports. I asked Rekkert specifically for these. And I chose the LCARS template based off of your choices.

@Rekkert - the port secondary command console should have Conn style LCARS, not Ops style LCARS.
    Last edited by Rusty0918; 9th Sep 2017 at 04:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if I'd have a door button panel beside the emergency turbolift to the Battle Bridge, seeing as how I doubt anyone would need to "wait" for the emergency turbolift in a crisis situation. As always, just my own opinion. Everything looks good so far.
    Last edited by BolianAdmiral; 9th Sep 2017 at 09:08.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    @BolianAdmiral - yes I do want the isolinear chip stuff on the Conn/Ops/Secondary console supports. I asked Rekkert specifically for these. And I chose the LCARS template based off of your choices.
    Isolinear bays are never a bad thing

Honestly, IMHO (and beyond just my general distaste for the pink & oranges) the LCARS look both at odds with the overall color scheme, and with the timeframe. Early LCARS were more of a blue/green/desaturated mustard kinda combination in TNG, before brighter and more colorful variants were later introduced.

If you're going to stick with them though, can I suggest switching the mustard out for a lighter orange? That looks to be the element that least works, and no offense to BolianAdmiral but it's what makes the "vomit" effect to my mind.

@Rekkert - the port secondary command console should have Conn style LCARS, not Ops style LCARS.
    That is a Conn display, isn't it? Or have you swaped over the forward stations' functions?

@Rekkert pfft, they could hold emergency medkits for all we know... Very intrigued as to where you'll be putting those lockers!
    Last edited by Starscream; 9th Sep 2017 at 10:01.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.