Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Isolinear bays are never a bad thing

Honestly, IMHO (and beyond just my general distaste for the pink & oranges) the LCARS look both at odds with the overall color scheme, and with the timeframe. Early LCARS were more of a blue/green/desaturated mustard kinda combination in TNG, before brighter and more colorful variants were later introduced.

If you're going to stick with them though, can I suggest switching the mustard out for a lighter orange? That looks to be the element that least works, and no offense to BolianAdmiral but it's what makes the "vomit" effect to my mind.

That is a Conn display, isn't it? Or have you swaped over the forward stations' functions?

@Rekkert pfft, they could hold emergency medkits for all we know... Very intrigued as to where you'll be putting those lockers!
    @Starscream - I don't really have a problem with the LCARS myself. I did have the Conn/Ops swapped positions - somehow I have a thing for the Conn being on the port side as opposed to the starboard side (as often seen in TNG). I was talking about the console directly to the left of the command chair - both secondary command consoles have Ops-style LCARS, I was asking Rekkert to put Conn-style LCARS on the swing-out station right to the left of the command chair.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I know - that's why I asked if the forward stations had been swapped over, as that's the only way what you were saying could have made sense
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I know - that's why I asked if the forward stations had been swapped over, as that's the only way what you were saying could have made sense
    As with the LCARS, I mean, I had been thinking about what you said in regards to color schemes. Who is to say LCARS can't have color options like they do on Windows? I was thinking about TNG-style LCARS but using the okudagram color schemes used on the Enterprise-A bridges in Treks IV, V, and VI (which in turn have been used up to the mid-24th century). I'm not sure what Rekkert thinks of the idea. Might go better with the minty Galaxy bridge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha, yeah now I've changed the LCARS to use the Ops display, I just didn't got around to it before as it was just the mirrored console.

Here's the LCARS using the TMP style of colors, with blue for the borders and green for titles. I believe it's a little too much, at least without some heavy recoloring and using more opaque colors, not the exact same ones.

Just for the sake of it, and given how quickly I can change these colors, I did a version using the early TNG palet. Given the opaque blues and yellowish greens here, it does fit in better with the design in my opinion, even though I agree with Rusty in that LCARS probably can be customized Windows style (ahem, more likely Linux DE style ).

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok let's go with early TNG color template for LCARS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    Ok let's go with early TNG color template for LCARS.
    I agree, that looks best. The TMP colors were too much blue and green.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    (ahem, more likely Linux DE style ).
    You got that right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's amazing how much the LCARS colours can change the entire feel of the bridge, as much as the colours of the rest of the bridge. They all look good to me, it just depends on what feel you're going for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Rusty0918: Will do!

@evil_genius_180: Yeah the TMP colors just by themselves were too much IMO.

@BlobVanDam: Yeah, a lot about the aesthetics of the design just come down to the LCARS colors, it's pretty cool to see a design completely transformed just by these.

I've changed the upper section of the aft consoles to use the more rounded light fixture featured in TNG since season 2. I've also started modifying the LCARS for the Engineering station as to integrate the side panel, notice that the title ENGINEERING is moved to the left side of the console.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those early TNG LCARS definitely do the trick! I suspected the TMP era ones would be a bit too bold; the only way you could get those too work would be to desaturated them substantially.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those early TNG LCARS definitely do the trick! I suspected the TMP era ones would be a bit too bold; the only way you could get those too work would be to desaturated them substantially.
    Agreed. When I saw it, it also just seemed a bit much, which is why I went with the early TNG LCARS.

On another note, Starscream and BolianAdmiral, have you two had the chance to look at "Sound of the Shiant" yet? (the first "TNG - The Galaxy Chronicles" installment)