Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did, though I've only gotten a fraction of the way through it. I've some notes on it so far though, so will drop you a msg when I get time to sit down properly at the computer!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've finished the LCARS on the aft consoles (that Engineering station gave a lot of work), and played around with the materials a bit. Nothing big, but the fabrics used (on walls of the door alcoves and the aft chairs and on the Captain's chair) are now a bit more realistic in the way they reflect light, and I did some minor modifications to the carpets as well.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks awesome. The consoles I once thought were a bad idea are now perfectly placed, and the colors look fantastic. This is rapidly turning into one of my favorite bridges you've done.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful! Really nice job there (as usual!).

The one thing I'd suggest is that the upper panels over the rear consoles be a little metallic (or was it only Generations that that was done?)
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do have another request about this bridge and I forgot to mention it - if possible. In front of Conn and Ops, I was thinking along the lines of an emergency hatch that opens up to the deck below in case the crew need to flee the bridge (hull breach or whatnot) and the turbolifts don't work. Gotta think things through!

Downloads
    Uploads
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks! The consoles do grow on you. We aren't used to them being there, but they do look good after a while.

@Starscream: Thanks! Yeah, those metallic bits were only on Generations.

@Rusty0918: Sure, there's no problem with that, it's pretty easy to add, I'll get to it. Regarding the 'think things through' bit, I find it that sometimes there's a balance to play there between 'adding functionality' and 'adding today's functionality', keeping in mind that this ship launches in more than 350 years. That's a long time for things to change shape or function, not to mention having completely new technologies we haven't even imagined come lo life and leave today's equipment obsolete. One of the main issues I have with Trek is when writers just imagine things as they are today, hence making the show/movie look dated just a few decades later. Sci-Fi not only means new worlds and new technologies on the macro level (such as FTL travel and transporter), but also on the small scale, less drastic level, on the details.

Anyway, back to the model at hand, the two lateral panels are now done:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice work. Love the yellow Galaxy-Class profiles on the coffee dispenser. The only thing I would suggest is to increase the brightness of the commissioning plaque slightly, as it looks really dark as it now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, it all looks great.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A little something - a commission by Jetfreak-7 showing the USS Galaxy departing Seunta IV, this is from the end of the "Star Trek: The Next Geneartion - The Galaxy Chronicles" - "Sound of the Shiant."

Downloads
    Uploads
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! Yeah, I still have to play a bit more with the plaque to make it look good with these light levels.

@evil_genius_180:

@Rusty0918: That looks great, I love his work! By the way, I've been experimenting a bit with the weapons lockers. Do you want them to be exactly the version seen in DS9, or can I create my own version? I want to take some inspiration from lockers we actually saw inside Starfleet vessels.

The Captain's chair LCARS are done!