Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

@ashleytinger: Thanks!

@Vortex5972: Thanks! Hahaha, yeah it definitely is!

I've changed the color of almost every piece of Okudagram, now they're a lot more accurate. The second image has the same angle as some of the previous ones, so you can make a direct comparison. Also, I've finished texturing the two TNG style consoles, and added some more pieces here and there.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

I've finished with the viewscreen area, I'm almost done with the modeling.

I've added all the raised panels and consoles on the front of the bridge.

SFM Guru
    Looks cozy! I like how you applied the non-standard LCARS to the helm console widget panels. The ceiling architecture is a nice solution too, though I'm not a fan of that "TNG ugly" chandelier aesthetic!

The only problem with all this now is that more and more you make me want to see an "idealised" version, instead of the shoestring budget set...
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    The ceiling architecture is a nice solution too, though I'm not a fan of that "TNG ugly" chandelier aesthetic!
    I'm assuming he's just kept the Brittain/Zodiac ceiling light fixture as a temporary placeholder (unless that's actually what the 1701-C's ceiling light looked like), until he models the final version.

I'm actually curious to know if that ceiling light and surrounding ceiling architecture had to be moved even more forward than the Zodiac's, to accommodate those aft straight ceiling panels from earlier on, to keep the basic look of the bridge, without drastically altering the overall geometry?

I never thought of those as chandeliers before, now it's making me imagine a big proper one in a bridge.

SFM Guru
    Probably something the average Daimon would have on his Ferengi marauder
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

@Starscream: Thanks! Yeah, the ceiling is just the Zodiac piece temporarily there as BolianAdmiral noted, I'll definitely replace it though I'm still working out with what (probably the Battle Bridge ceiling piece from "Best of Both Worlds")

@BolianAdmiral: So far I haven't added those ceiling panels (and most likely I won't), and the Zodiac piece is still exactly at the same position it was on that bridge.

@BlueNeumann: No, stop it, you're not making me model that! Ohh, who am I kidding, I'll probably do it just for laughs one day...

I've added more details on the front part of the bridge. All the red labels are in place, as well as most of the wall Okudagrams. I've added some more removable panels of the same design that's already used on the bridge in the empty forward walls, to make it look like a more primitive circuitry access panel. Their inclusion there is completely original as that set wall was never shown in 'Yesterday's Enterprise', any thoughts about their addition?

Last edited by Rekkert; 9th Dec 2017 at 08:11.

SFM Guru
    I'd been meaning to ask if you were going to add anything to those unseen areas, though I'd been thinking more of a couple of standup stations like the Tactical console on Stargazer - there for non-regular use, like say AuxSystems or Mission Ops. If you're going for more of an equipment access look though, I'd suggest including some primitive isolinear chips, as we saw on the Enterprise-B...

The new forward LCARS displays are looking great! Nice to see you included a reflective viewscreen surface again, too. Looking at the Ops console it even felt for a moment like you could sit down and start playing with the controls - surely the litmus test for any bridge recreation

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Starscream: Thanks! Yeah, the ceiling is just the Zodiac piece temporarily there as BolianAdmiral noted, I'll definitely replace it though I'm still working out with what (probably the Battle Bridge ceiling piece from "Best of Both Worlds")

@BolianAdmiral: So far I haven't added those ceiling panels (and most likely I won't), and the Zodiac piece is still exactly at the same position it was on that bridge.

@BlueNeumann: No, stop it, you're not making me model that! Ohh, who am I kidding, I'll probably do it just for laughs one day...

I've added more details on the front part of the bridge. All the red labels are in place, as well as most of the wall Okudagrams. I've added some more removable panels of the same design that's already used on the bridge in the empty forward walls, to make it look like a more primitive circuitry access panel. Their inclusion there is completely original as that set wall was never shown in 'Yesterday's Enterprise', any thoughts about their addition?

I think it's a great idea. Works well with what you've already established in the back of the bridge. I never really thought of those as two solid displays as the blueprints (going from memory and it's foggy cause the coffee has only just started flowing) showed several smaller ones, but I think this works much better