Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1210

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Obsessed
    @Rusty yeah I figured - see attached.

Apologies for the sloppiness - it's well past midnight here and I ought to be up early so I'm rushing a bit... also forgot to add in the extended overhead light panels, but meh. :/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdixwat8.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	115260

The intention was to increase the cohesion of the set, and eliminate some of the parts that "give the game away" in that it's obvious how/where they simply sliced into the old refit bridge.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    @Rusty yeah I figured - see attached.

Apologies for the sloppiness - it's well past midnight here and I ought to be up early so I'm rushing a bit... also forgot to add in the extended overhead light panels, but meh. :/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdixwat8.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	115260

The intention was to increase the cohesion of the set, and eliminate some of the parts that "give the game away" in that it's obvious how/where they simply sliced into the old refit bridge.
    Well, I'd prefer the way they originally did it. I never had that much of a problem with the way they "sliced" into the old refit bridge.

Anyways for Rekkert, this might help too:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=en

I was wrestling with several ideas when it came to the Galaxy battle bridge. Another one I had in mind would have been a variation of the "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered" country Enterprise-A bridge. With this particular version, the aft parameter of the Enterprise-A bridge would be used (the turbolifts/master situation/communications/science stuff) with a forward section that echoed more of the Enterprise-D battle bridges we've seen (with additional doors for the Ready Room and Head). The parameter stations would be this from port to starboard: Science (the full length one), Mission Ops (small stand-up station), Master Situation (yeah like the Enterprise-A), Environment (the other small stand-up beside master situation), and a full length Engineering station. Behind the command chair would be the full-length Tactical console (a la the TNG battle bridges we saw in "Encounter at Farpoint"/"The Arsenal of Freedom"), and of course the swing-out Conn and Ops stations in front of the command chair.

I wonder what the rest of you think of this style?

I like the idea of the black rubbery floor, mostly because it gives me a chance to work with something different.

@Starscream: The Ent-C viewscreen area would've had a slightly incorrect curvature and circumference.

@Rusty0918: Those are all good references, thanks! The main ones I've been using are this and this, as they're the most accurate I've been able to find. Even the Stargazer one you posted above is from a concept of the room rather than the actual construction blueprint, so they have quite a different shape. It's a really hard one to pin down.

Regarding the Enterprise-A based battle bridge, I like it, could be a cool concept for a Nebula/New Orleans bridge, though I think it would be way too big for a battle bridge (the Enterprise-A bridge being wider than the Enterprise-D one).

Anyway, I've been tweaking the main shape a bit more from what little behind the scenes photos are of the battle bridge/Stargazer. The steps area is very blocky right now, of course more details there will be added later.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    OK let's just go with what we originally planned!

SFM Guru
    Furthermore...i changed my mind about the side consoles...i do want them facing forward instead of facing the bulkheads (but I still want the port display to be a Science screen while the other to be an Engineering screen)

@Rusty0918: Will do!

I've started work on the door alcoves, and re-did the lights at the bridge's edge.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Looks good so far. I do like those alcoves.

SFM Obsessed
    @Rusty fair enough - just an idea I think my OCD probably overreacts at the sight of bits like that, hahaha!

@Rekkert re the viewscreen: Details, details! It looked fine to me... (which would be why you're the one making these, and not me )

Does anyone have an actual figure for how much larger the Enterprise-A bridge was vs the refit? I always figured it must be a few feet to allow for the somewhat wider stations, but otherwise I'd assumed it could still squeeze into the dome... Of course, this is ignoring the frankly bizarre re-positioning of the turbolifts. I could just barely accept the TFF positions, but someone was clearly smoking crack when it came to TUC.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    @Rusty fair enough - just an idea I think my OCD probably overreacts at the sight of bits like that, hahaha!

@Rekkert re the viewscreen: Details, details! It looked fine to me... (which would be why you're the one making these, and not me )

Does anyone have an actual figure for how much larger the Enterprise-A bridge was vs the refit? I always figured it must be a few feet to allow for the somewhat wider stations, but otherwise I'd assumed it could still squeeze into the dome... Of course, this is ignoring the frankly bizarre re-positioning of the turbolifts. I could just barely accept the TFF positions, but someone was clearly smoking crack when it came to TUC.
    Overall it was the same size if you DIDN'T figure in the turbolifts. If you figure in the lifts then you have to TARDIS the crap out of it.

SFM Guru
    So far so good. Looks pretty sharp to me!

@Starscream - I didn't really see any problems with the redress.

@ashleytinger and @Starscream - someone did a schematic of the Enterprise-A bridge form TUC and was able to fit the turbolifts in here: http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...ns/Page_23.jpg - though I'm not sure how correct it was to scale.

@Rekkert - you know once you finish this, you might want to use the bridge (or most of it) for that Stage 9 project of yours!