Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1210

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Obsessed
    FYI, that blueprint is rather inaccurate - if you look at the actual set, the Turbo alcove segments are actually not as wide as the console ones -- the blueprint shows them all at the same width.

More importantly though, those turboshafts are way too offset from the exterior hardpoints on the model, which were placed to match the placement on set. This is why I could just barely stand the TFF set, but find the TUC one too much (even if I prefer the decor )
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    FYI, that blueprint is rather inaccurate - if you look at the actual set, the Turbo alcove segments are actually not as wide as the console ones -- the blueprint shows them all at the same width.

More importantly though, those turboshafts are way too offset from the exterior hardpoints on the model, which were placed to match the placement on set. This is why I could just barely stand the TFF set, but find the TUC one too much (even if I prefer the decor )
    I had a feeling it wasn't totally accurate. Yeah, one would take for granted that the turbolift alcove segments are the same width.

@Rekkert - don't forget that like the Dobrovolksy and the Galaxy bridges, I do want an access hatch (probably in front of Conn and Ops) on the battle bridge. Me and my access hatches! You gotta be prepared for everything!

SFM Nugget
    access hatch or firefighter poles? LOL

There has to be access when turbolifts are out of action obviously.

@BolianAdmiral: Thanks!

Regarding the Ent-A bridge, yes there's no way it fits into the hull of the ship, it's way bigger than it needed to be.

@Rusty0918: Hahaha, don't worry, I've already planed for the access hatch. And yes, like sickbay, it's probably gonna end up in Stage9 sooner or later.

I've added most of the remaining lights to the aft section of the bridge, as well as the beginnings of the railings and the side cutouts underneath them.

Now that the overall shape is as accurate as it gets, I'm surprised by how claustrophobic this bridge feels. It's clear now why they expanded it so much in future appearances, it probably wasn't very comfortable to film it.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks!

Regarding the Ent-A bridge, yes there's no way it fits into the hull of the ship, it's way bigger than it needed to be.
    The Enterprise Refit bridge only *just* fits into the hull but doesn't leave much work for the actual structure or skin...

SFM Guru
    @Rekkert - that reminds me of the novelization of the TNG episode "Relics," in which Picard talks to Scotty about the Stargazer and mentions that he misses that "cramped little bridge." It fits here since the Stargazer bridge is a redress of the battle bridge.

SFM Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone_Ash View Post
    The Enterprise Refit bridge only *just* fits into the hull but doesn't leave much work for the actual structure or skin...
    Exactly, the new bridge appeared noticeably wider. And although it does look better, I have to question whatever dubious wisdom led to the re-sizing.

Maybe it was to more easily fit Shatner's ego in TFF?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

I wager the claustrophobic feel (at least as it is now) is due in large part to the extremely dark colors and lighting. The 1st season version of the BB was okay, but really, I think the best version of the TNG BB was the way they made it look in "Best of Both Worlds". The new command chair, the animated graphics in the background, the improved ceiling light - all worked to really convey the feel that it was a "working" no-nonsense command center. IMO.

SFM Obsessed
    Agreed, I quite liked that version

SFM Nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Agreed, I quite liked that version
    The LCARS displays don't seem very practical for bridge or battle situations. But, it feels better than the obvious Enterprise Refit bridge redress