Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1210

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Rusty0918: Done, I thought you wanted them to remain near the edges, but I've moved them closer and now are exactly as close as they're on the main bridge.

And regarding the LCARS, yeah those weren't final, I was just using that graphic to make sure I had the correct shape for the monitor.

I've started work on the viewscreen, which is just a simple cutout for now. I've also added in the carpet to the lower level. I know the whole front area of the bridge is rather dark right now, once all the elements that are taken from the Enterprise battle bridge are in place, I'll add in a couple extra light fixtures.

I can't help but thinking that there are so many literary allusions in this design. The Battle bridge, made out of a bridge that Starfleet used in the Gunboat Diplomacy days, buried deep inside an explorer vessel like the lizard part of the human brain. Lit like it's something Starfleet is ashamed of in some way.

I do like the progress on this. Makes me itch to work on that bridge of the week I'd started many moons ago.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleytinger View Post
    I can't help but thinking that there are so many literary allusions in this design. The Battle bridge, made out of a bridge that Starfleet used in the Gunboat Diplomacy days, buried deep inside an explorer vessel like the lizard part of the human brain. Lit like it's something Starfleet is ashamed of in some way.

I do like the progress on this. Makes me itch to work on that bridge of the week I'd started many moons ago.
    I never thought of that. Makes me wonder if Gene Roddenberry did that on purpose to some extent (though the main reason was probably for budget's sake), as a thumb (or middle finger) at Harve Bennett and company.

I've thought about in Galaxy Chronicles to have Captain Chandra command from this bridge in combat situations - since I've heard a lot of fan chatter about such, and some commented that it would make considerably more sense. One of the installments I have yet to start and need to think through does feature saucer separation (though not for combat purposes).

It's interesting speaking of Harve Bennett and company, the USS Galaxy interiors do have a hint of the Nick Meyer touch to them (which is done on purpose).

SFM Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Rusty0918: Done, I thought you wanted them to remain near the edges, but I've moved them closer and now are exactly as close as they're on the main bridge.

And regarding the LCARS, yeah those weren't final, I was just using that graphic to make sure I had the correct shape for the monitor.

I've started work on the viewscreen, which is just a simple cutout for now. I've also added in the carpet to the lower level. I know the whole front area of the bridge is rather dark right now, once all the elements that are taken from the Enterprise battle bridge are in place, I'll add in a couple extra light fixtures.

The color scheme looks to be tying up nicely, even if it is a tad dark still. To that point, how about putting some kind of minor lighting at the front face of the Conn/Ops decking? Could be a trio of spotlights to echo the ones in the rear ceiling, pointing at the base of the forward wall -- not to glaring a change from the original that way.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    The color scheme looks to be tying up nicely, even if it is a tad dark still. To that point, how about putting some kind of minor lighting at the front face of the Conn/Ops decking? Could be a trio of spotlights to echo the ones in the rear ceiling, pointing at the base of the forward wall -- not to glaring a change from the original that way.
    I like the spotlight idea. Not sure about lighting on the Conn/Ops decking though.

SFM Obsessed
    To clarify, it'd be on the vertical front face that I was describing, rather than in the decking itself.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

@ashleytinger: Huh... I never really thought about it this way, I guess it's true though...

@Rusty0918: Yeah, I doubt much thought went into it, Paramount pretty much forced the TNG production to reuse every single one of the standing movie sets to save as much money as they could.

@Starscream: More lights are definitely in order, though that wouldn't be a possible location now that I've finished the floor area (unless of course we deviate from the blueprints, which is possible as this is another ship).

Redid the whole front (for the third time), and started laying out the details in that area. I've created the LCARS for the aft stations and the consoles at the sides of the viewscreen already, in order to illuminate the bridge a tiny bit more while I work. (It's hard to hammer those nails when you can't see )

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Great work so far. I will say the one thing I always liked about the Battle Bridge was it's "coziness" feel, due to the smaller size and more cramped feel. IDK... I'm kind of a sucker for smaller ships and bridges. I also like how this set highlights the multiple levels to it, though that's probably due to the lighting, like it was on the Brittain's bridge.

SFM Obsessed
    @Rekkert ah, I see what you mean! Still, a couple circular spots set into the now 45 degree angled faces could work..?

Failing that, how about a downlight neon strip under the edge of each deck rim, ala Generations? Could also work well with the whole turquoise color scheme

SFM Guru
    @Starscream - I'm all with the circular spots between those dividers in the fore section of the bridge. Perhaps some of the same lighting along the viewer bulkhead near the deck could help like the aft bulkhead has may also help as well!

Off to the starboard side should be the emergency ladder hatch (like on the other bridges I requested!).

@BolianAdmiral - this bridge has a submarine type feel to it, which I guess was a bit of the idea when they redressed the movie bridge for this.

SFM Obsessed
    Hmm. This is all giving me ideas for a circa 2370s Battle Bridge upgrade (and possibly a refit/repurposing of the Galaxy-class itself)...