Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171
Results 1,701 to 1,709 of 1709

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Guru
    Starscream - I never said I didn't trust the fire suppression systems (though after seeing a good deal of Trek, why should you?), it's that you need something to fall back upon if those things FAIL. Which they can!

The fact that you had to have fire extinguishers is incontrovertible evidence that you don't trust the systems, dude. It's like saying "Yeah of course I trust my seatbelts, crumple zone and airbags to protect me - but here, lemme just wrap myself in a crash suit, bubblewrap and football pads before I start driving! "

If you're going to use onscreen exceptions to declare the safety functions of the ship to be below a standard that any H&S authority would willingly certify, then Transporters -which have been shown ad nauseum to be finnicky, glitchy (and thus far more deadly)- should be given the same level of caution.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    Well, I consider it like having to wear seatbelts, even with airbags!

I've been working on the normal maps needed to get the acoustic panels used all over the room to look good. Still not 100% there, but they're getting there.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    I read this on a text commentary for "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" that the back pattern for the transporter chamber was derived from one of Herman Zimmerman's sweaters.

SFM Nugget
    Once you do the Transporter Room, I certainly anticipate seeing an updated Galaxy Class Transporter Room without the odd grotty green colour, random foam padded patterns on the wall etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sonex-one.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	115777

Name:	national-institute-standards-technology-02.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	250.4 KB 
ID:	115778

Name:	sonex-one-haven.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	272.7 KB 
ID:	115779

https://acousticalsolutions.com/prod...acoustic-foam/

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    I read this on a text commentary for "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" that the back pattern for the transporter chamber was derived from one of Herman Zimmerman's sweaters.

@Rekkert I'm only looking at it over the phone, but those pad reflections look photo real
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@Rusty0918: lol! I need to know more about that sweater now!

@mdta: As this is based on the late TNG transporter room, there's already no acoustic foam on the walls outside of the bits I've already modeled.

@Starscream: I'm glad they do!

I've further tweaked the acoustic material, making the pattern smaller so that it repeats the same number of times it does on the original set. I've also started work on the main room.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    I have to say, that longer console fits a lot better there than the shorter one that was used on TNG!