Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1691

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

That's my point @Rusty0918 - it's a ubiquitous TNG lab set piece that nonetheless looks better as a TUC-era piece with those light fixtures. It could be explained away that the Soong piece was recycled old tech, but then having it weave back & forth through time is problematic!

It'd be better IMO if it'd been completely covered with the black backlit glass instead, to tie in with the E-D bridge stations... Older ships would be justified with variants of the "older" canon style.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

It was first featured as a wall in the Enterprise-D, 'Measure of a Man' doesn't feature the Soong lab.

It's a quintessentially TNG wall piece. Just like most designed by Sternbach, it was designed to be as reusable as possible. I personally really like this wall style, it fits in with pretty much everything from TOS to TNG.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Yeah, I thought it odd I couldn't remember it - it's only now I realise I must have misread Rusty

To me it looks much more pre-TNG (even without the light fixtures), based on the shape of the interface panels; which are obviously very reminiscent of the Hathaway/Ent-C/whathaveyou bridge. While it might look "generic TNG," it certainly doesn't look right next to the aforementioned E-D consoles IMO.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

SFM Guru
    Well, I for one don't have that much of a problem with the bulkhead station.

You can have it then lol

ETA: I do mean at some point to make use of all the kludgey bulkhead consoles, to design a set that features them (either modified to work better together to give a more unified look, or creating an amalgamation of the best/more interesting parts). Damned if I have any idea what class to stick it in yet, though...

AETA: Probably a Jenolan-esque transport
    Last edited by Starscream; 10th Jan 2019 at 22:59.

I've always loved that TNG wall-station unit-thingy. I made sure to incorporate it into my design for a Starfleet outpost interior I drew up way back in high school.

It always looked ideal for outposts and starbases tbh

After looking at episodes for an obscenely long amount of time, I've started work on the Galaxy transporter room. As ever, things are super temporary here.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    After looking at episodes for an obscenely long amount of time, I've started work on the Galaxy transporter room. As ever, things are super temporary here.

Going with the Post-TUC pad refit then?

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleytinger View Post
    Going with the Post-TUC pad refit then?
    WEll it's not quite the post-TUC pad refit. It was initially introduced in TNG season 4 in the episode known as "Remember Me." As transporter platforms go, that's a good start!

@ashleytinger - this will look very much like the Enterprise-D transporter room mostly except for one thing - a longer transporter operator console to accommodate another crewmember (if needed).