Page 64 of 149 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

^ me too. I'm also loving the faint purple hue on the darker blue elements of the LCARS displays; particularly noticeable on the upper aft panels -- it reminds me of the early runabout LCARS scheme.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@Starscream: Thanks! The handrails are indeed the exact same red as the doors! They might seem a bit brighter because they are directly below the lights.

@Rusty0918: That's a great idea! I've sent you an email about it.

@BlueNeumann: Glad you do! I wasn't very much sure of it myself

I've finished with the LCARS, so it's done! I went with the separate ships schematics for the large side panels on the back, an updated version of the Enterprise-C schematics on the same spot on that ship's bridge.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Nice job!!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

@Starscream: Thanks mate!

Just because it was quick to do, I modified the Galatea bridge to bring it up to standard with my current stuff. I've swapped the consoles and Captain's chair for the more accurate versions, I've tweaked the Okudagram coloring, changed the door size to be the same as on the sets, and changed all the materials for PBR stuff.

Given that the new pieces are smaller than the first versions I had, the bridge now looks very sparse, with a lot of unused space. I still like the layout a lot so I'm not gonna change it, but it's something I'll keep in mind when designing stuff for the future.

Last edited by Rekkert; 29th Dec 2017 at 06:19.

I wondered if you might revisit it to do that at some point... Wow, you're right - it made a huge difference! The only thing that I can think of that might help, rather than altering the layout, would be to lower the ceiling height by a "virtual foot" or so.

I still love those pre-TNG door graphics, btw - I've always thought personally they'd have worked well on an old New Orleans bridge (but that's a whole other kettle of fish, and possibly a commission if you're ever available again! )

@Starscream: Thanks! Yeah, I thought about lowering the ceiling but I chose just to leave it as it is, even knowing how tall it is. Maybe I'll lower it someday, maybe not. Ohhh, a New Orleans bridge is always an interesting proposition.

I finally took the time to finish the Enterprise-D bridge these past few days. This is the original look from Farpoint, before any modification was made. I did a ton of research into all modifications the bridge suffered, and all that went into a new article in Ex Astris Scientia that I worked on with Bernd. I hope to eventually model all the different versions of the bridge.

For this mesh, every single material was reworked in some way. I'm finally happy with how the LCARS look with their reflections (though I made the viewscreen non reflective to keep it consistent with the show), the carpets now have darker spots similar to those on the set, and the overall look is more consistent and looks more real than my previous renders.

I've rendered and uploaded a 360 panorama of the bridge, but I don't know how to embed it here, so go here to see it, along with several more renders.

After finishing this bridge, I'm already starting work on my next commission, so keep an eye out, I should be updating shortly.

Last edited by Rekkert; 7th Jan 2018 at 05:10.

Oooo, nice - looks spot on! Will you be covering the alternate versions of the bridge also?

Re: the New Orleans, I did put some visual references ideas together with a blueprint to flesh it out, akin to what BolianAdmiral did for (I think?) the Cheyenne -- I can drop that over on an email at some point if you fancy a look.

Off to read the new ExAstris article now...

@Starscream: Thanks! To cover all the versions is the idea, including the alternate ones Sure thing, drop an email when you like mate!

I've already started work on my next commission: the Main Sickbay of the USS Galaxy for Rusty0918.

Just like the bridge, the basic structure will be pretty much like the one of the Enterprise-D, but with several differences in the details.

This is all very very early, and the ceiling light is just temporary to get some lighting in there.

Nice start... I'm interested to see what Rusty has in mind.

Always felt sickbay was underused as a potentially redressable set, for other parts of main sickbay, medical and science labs, etc - lots of wasted opportunities, IMO.

Looking forward to how this turns out!