Page 128 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1342

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Not to be the downer and derail the thread anymore, but as someone who's dabbled with fanfic and fan art for decades, the creators of these unlicensed works, myself included, know that any time the owners of the property decide they need to uphold their copyright, they can, and should. Hell one of my favorite authors on her books tours doesn't want to hear about fanfic for her stuff AT ALL because then she'd have to go after the person and get it removed and she doesn't want to do that to her fans. The copyright holder HAS to pursue people violating the copyrights or they lose them. And if you're a big corporation you can turn a blind eye until someone shoves it in your face and then you have to do something.

I am sorry about Stage 9, but I'm glad Rekkert is sticking around with the rest of us working on 3D art we all love to make and partake.

SFM Nugget
    Paid commissions, they all have a problem with.

Fan art, done for pleasure...not yet...

Any updates?

To answer some of the messages posted here, Bridge Crew has, to the best of our knowledge, not been a factor in the C&D. Still, we'll probably never know for sure.

Regarding what to do with fan games, companies can and do allow fan games to continue sometimes: MGM did it with Stargate Network, Capcom is doing it right now with Megaman, Sega did it with Sonic Mania (hell, CBS did it themselves with Star Trek RPG-X). It's something that's seen on a case by case basis, and apparently we were unlucky in the cards we were dealt.

Work's been exceptionally slow this past two weeks, as the futility of the attempts to reach any sort of agreement regarding Stage 9 left me feeling pretty tired and pointless. While it's within CBS's right to stop us, and we all knew it could happen, the total lack of communication or even acknowledgement of what we've done leaves me unsure of continuing to producing fan art of any kind in this universe. The delivery of the message felt worse than the message itself, if that makes sense.

Still, I've got commissions to fulfill and bills to pay, so you'll still be seeing me for the time being, even if the future seems uncertain now.

The aft consoles are now in place on the Challenger bridge. These are standing up stations, like the ones on Voyager. It's hard to see without graphics on the screens, but the shape of these is different from the side stations, without the horizontal cutout in the middle where the red alert indicator is. The center area will indeed be filled by an MSD as on the Ent-E and Voyager.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Whatever universe you decide to work in it's always a pleasure to see your work.
    "No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?"

1:16, 2:4, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13 - The Roman Road

MOLON LABE

We decided on a layout for the command chairs, as well as a material. The design of the chairs themselves might stay the same, or it might change, we'll see once other elements are in place.

I've also finalized the floor layout, slightly modifying the area under the tactical console to fit in more nicely, and further detailing the steps. The light under them is yellow as it is on the light fixtures in the Challenger ready room. Similar fixtures will be applied though the bridge where the alert indicators used to be.

She's looking good! I'm eager to see it with the light fixtures, but as it is now, the yellow light seems to be clashing with the rest of the bridge. We may need to change those step lights to white light, so we just have a touch of yellow delivered by the fixtures.

The yellow light is certainly weird as both the Ent-D and Ent-E used blue lighting strips on the bridge. Still I don't think it looks bad, just different to what we're used to, it does complement the color pallet rather than offer contrast as the blue lighting did.

Here are the vertical light fixtures in place at the back of the bridge.

SFM Obsessed
    Hmm, they don't quite look right to me - I think both because these appear slightly less warm than the Challenger versions, and also because those appeared to be set in an angled buttress taken from the TUC era bridges (to match the slope of the viewports).

It might work better if you make them just a hint warmer, and then contrast with blue light under the steps and some of those Excelsior/Voyager wall light fixtures in the turbolift alcoves
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Color wise I feel like they fit very well. Lighting wise they don't look like lights at first glance. They just look like a decorative trim but if they were brighter that would make them pop a bit more. Also, like @Starscream said warm up the color a bit.
    "No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?"

1:16, 2:4, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13 - The Roman Road

MOLON LABE