Page 129 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1457

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Sweet updates! I'm digging the general layout so far! Is the little "box" with the viewscreen blinky lights (like the one on the Quasar bridge and the "Parallels" bridge) going to be permanent, or is it just a placeholder? Obviously, you know I like it, so I'm hoping it is permanent.

SFM Guru
    I don't mind the yellow lights. Yes it's different, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Though I do wonder if an Odyssey-style tactical console would fit better than the other one, although it's not my call.

SFM Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    I don't mind the yellow lights. Yes it's different, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Though I do wonder if an Odyssey-style tactical console would fit better than the other one, although it's not my call.
    In a way I agree- the thick black stripe on that one is definitely a "First Contact era" design staple (and in fact I was going to ask Rekkert if he was planning on introducing any such decorative elements to the Conn/Ops consoles, etc). That said though, personally I've never been fond of the noticeable kink in the middle of the Odyssey tactical console, but I do quite like the understated little brass seam introduced to the horseshoe railing here.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    The Tactical console curve feels a little thin and fragile among the rest of the room which feels more solid and rigid. Not sure if swapping it out is right, or adding some bulk to it somehow would make it feel more suitable.

The central strut of the Tactical station could possibly be replaced with the same kind of Y shape you see on the Sovereign Bridge consoles as an idea to differentiate it from the TNG era bridge?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blah.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	115462

The green and blue parts of the Helm and Conn stations feels like it could be replaced, as it always struck me as an example of older tech being reused, but that's purely my head canon I guess. You could also consider replacing both consoles with something more First Contacty if you wanted to differentiate more.

@Starscream: The fixtures from the Challenger ready room are, like the rest of the set, redressed from Neelex's ship, so those definitely aren't angled. However it is true that they're more decorative than they are actual lights.

@BolianAdmiral: The plan so far is for the viewscreen box to stay.

After trying out a lot of different variations, we've come to a decision regarding the four forward consoles. These are based on the Bradbury consoles, but have different stands that mix in the Ent-D and E styles.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

@BolianAdmiral I'm a fan of the box too!

@Rekkert Looks great, the lines really help to give it another dimension. Could I see how another box would look hanging down from the top? Much like how Voyager had blinking dots rows on the top and bottom of the view-screen. Thanks!

Ooh, I like that new CONN/OPS console design!

I've been re-adding labels to the consoles and doors, plus the decorative light fixture on the front section of the bridge. There are also Nemesis-styled weapon lockers on each side of the side consoles.

Last edited by Rekkert; 9th Oct 2018 at 09:29.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Nice consoles. The curves on them really help to integrate the horseshoe into the bridge.

SFM Nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    The yellow light is certainly weird as both the Ent-D and Ent-E used blue lighting strips on the bridge. Still I don't think it looks bad, just different to what we're used to, it does complement the color pallet rather than offer contrast as the blue lighting did.

Here are the vertical light fixtures in place at the back of the bridge.

Just an observation: the thickness of the tactical console looks like it would be an ergonomic problem. I can see people barking their shins on it rather painfully, or even suffering injury if thrown about the bridge during combat. Ergonomic design usually avoids thin, sharp edges for this reason.