Page 83 of 146 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Well, this is proving to be the most challenging part of the bridge, as it's a fairly complex pattern of shapes that has taken me several days just to properly sketch out, checking a ton of DS9 episodes for good shots. Given that the Odyssey bridge is a bit longer than the Defiant ceiling design, I changed the front area layout a bit. There's still a lot to do, but at least the main layout is complete.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    Eh. The set guys really didn't know when to stop with that ribbing, did they? :/ Good job replicating it though!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

It looks great, it's reminiscent of the lines on the Enterprise-D ceiling, though more numerous.

SFM Obsessed
    The port and starboard ones are, I agree. But they really shoulda left the middle areas alone IMO - it's overkill.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

SFM Guru
    Eh, the middle area doesn't look that bad.

I like the middle area with the more rounded lights, it's weird but it has grown on me.

More progress on the ceiling, which I think is done now.

SFM Obsessed
    The rounded part was fine, it was the excessive strips perpendicular to each other that "grated"

I think the ceiling looks perfect now. Any more added detail to it would make it look too crowded and busy, IMO.

SFM Guru
    A bit off-topic, Rekkert, the installment of "Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles" I'm working on now features a Springfield-class science vessel known as the USS Borman which has a bridge almost identical to your Chekov bridge with the exception that the Borman has the TNG Conn/Ops instead of that combined unit (though I picture the consoles having those textures that you put on the Chekov's single console and the port and starboard doors being egress corridors!

@BolianAdmiral: Add any more detail to that ceiling and it would collapse under it's own weight.

@Rusty0918: Ohh, that sounds interesting, I should try adding those textures to the TNG consoles someday.

I'm still not entirely satisfied with how accurate the side/front area of the bridge is. Knowing that at least one unique image of the Odyssey bridge came from the Fact Files, I went to try and find if they had any other unique image. I found some pages of the FF as PDFs and luckily the Odyssey page was among them.

Now, the first image was the one we already knew, but I had never before seen the bottom one. It gives a good panorama of the bridge at the sides of the Captain, and I noticed that the tactical station stand appears to be a lot thinner than the one on the Enterprise, clearly it was done to be filmed just in a very limited angle.

I know that the FF also includes files on the Nebula Class Prometheus with some unique pictures, and maybe even something from the Saratoga, but I wasn't able to find good quality scans of them online. If someone has the Fact Files and is able to provide pictures or scans, they'll be greatly appreciated.