Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1416

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Some more work on the graphics, including the TWOK honeycomb pattern for the science station (I couldn't resist , I can always remove it), plus I've added clocks on top of the Science and Engineering stations. However unlike the very out of place red LED clocks of TUC, these are incorporated into the console and keep the same unified look for the displays.

Now for something completely different, I was recently contacted by Aaron of the Starbase 118 role-playing community, about creating a bridge for his Galaxy-Class USS Astraeus, after an upgrade received in the 2390's.

The requested bridge was very straightforward to do, so I decided to do it in tandem with the Constellation for a few days. As you can see below, it's very similar to the Challenger, but keeps a more traditional Galaxy layout, plus some new features. The ship also got some unique changes to its outside, including brand new nacelles, and these are reflected in all the LCARS.

Last edited by Rekkert; 8th Nov 2018 at 20:12.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Oh, that Galaxy bridge is BEAUTIFUL! I just love the carpet texture, too!

SFM Obsessed
    Hmm, a definite no from me on the honeycomb I'm afraid... As I said, the more dated elements from TMP/+ I do want to avoid. I had actually contemplated trying to include them, but there was no way I could see them fitting in the displays, and tbh I think the render confirms this. At most I'd imagine there might be a honeycomb array of ODN ports or something lit up and blinking, safely hidden behind an access panel. Likewise on the clocks per discussion, as you know it was never an intention to have any such a display on the bridge -- just the blank panels as potential alert blinkers. Plus I'm not in favor of them taking up residence in what would otherwise be a useable display area for the Science/Engineering consoles... My command staff don't get paid to sit aimlessly watching the clock, y'know!

The true Galaxy configuration for the command seats really works well with that color leather and carpet combination! The one thing I'd offer as an idea for any future variants on this would be to halve the height of the traditional "light blobs" on the console supports, and then apply the same style of horizontal lines to them as the console base lights
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    @Starscream - Yeah, I don't blame you with regards to those "memory bank" honeycombs. They would definitely clash with the okudagrams.

With regards that ribbed lighting effect on the lights that are part of the supports of the Conn and Ops consoles, I had that in mind for the Conn/Ops and secondary command stations for the USS Galaxy on a request I made to Rekkert when the ship has been upgraded to Battle Group Omega edition (for down the line), based off the Challenger and Astreus bridges.

Hehehe, I knew the honeycomb wouldn't stand a chance, but I though it was cool. I misunderstood you on the clocks however, I though those were a go, I'll likewise remove them then.

I've been doing some more progress on the viewscreen area. Because of the depth of the Ent-C consoles, there's a big gap in the ceiling between the light elements and the viewscreen wall. Anything in particular I could do there? (the same gap in present on the turbolift alcoves as well).

SFM Obsessed
    Cripes, these consoles really are deep aren't they! I pity anyone with short arms who has to use them!

Not sure what to do with it TBH. I would like to have the black "clock" fixture in there without the LEDs (to use as a Red Alert blinker instead). My only stipulation would be to not add any extra lighting fixtures - the current TWOK/Stargazer lighting level is perfect as-is. Beyond that I guess there could be some subtle access panels? But certainly they're not vital.

As for the viewscreen wall itself, I'd thought about having the Plaque to the right and an Okudagram display to the left - maybe something that incorporates a subtle, abstract representation of the TWOK blinkies etc here? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__0684.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	115571

ETA: @Rusty0918 I've been thinking further about how some sort of hex/honeycomb reference could be worked in, and took a look at some of the TNG/+ era LCARS. By the time of Voyager they'd introduced the Bio-Neural Gel Packs, and accompanying them was a nifty little Diagnostics/Integrity sweep scan animation seen on some monitors. I don't like the idea of using the honeycomb for "memory banks" as it doesn't fit the technological aesthetic by the time of TFF/TUC, but I wondered if it might work for something like a sensor array of some kind, so bludgeoned together the below concept image quickly in PS:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Science - Optical Sensor Check.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	115573
    What does everyone think?
    Last edited by Starscream; 10th Nov 2018 at 00:32.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

That does look good! Maybe it doesn't have to be related to the ship. One of the stations can just be showing a schematic of the Argus Array.

Remember how I said some inspiration would come from a certain alternate timeline? Well, here it is, the chairs for the stations are a modified version of the Kelvin bridge chairs, which are one of my favorites to ever appear on a starship bridge. The color pallet, and the base of the chairs, are lifted from the TUC Enterprise-A.

The chairs are an actual purchasable product, the Silver 810S by Interstuhl. They provide cad documents and files of the chairs on their website, so these are directly referenced from there, making my job a lot easier. (Do keep in mind I only do this because it's straight from the manufacturer)

As you can see, I've also added labels on the four central consoles, similarly to how the Stargazer had them. I will have to modify the helm station slightly though, currently it's based in its appearance in TFF, so it sits higher than it did on TUC (plus, I have to add the little table add-on at the back).

Last edited by Rekkert; 10th Nov 2018 at 01:35.

SFM Obsessed
    Glad you like it Funnily enough, it reminded me of the Argus Array, too... The hex graphic was actually swiped from a Trekcore screencap of the ...uh... Scientific module thingymabob from TNG "The Child", and I have no idea what it actually represented

I'm immensely pleased those chairs have turned out so well! They're a bit comfier looking than the anemic TUC version, as well as giving this bridge another unique element

Minor nit: The Security & Tactical stations should be reversed so that Tactical is in front of the Egress door (as we discussed in light of pedestrian traffic flow etc)

SFM Guru
    @Starscream - That's what I first thought of when seeing those honeycombs. They're supposed to be storage modules for a deadly "plasma plague" that the Enterprise is transporting in "The Child."

SFM Obsessed
    @Rusty0918 Ideal to represent some kind of sensor array, then! Maybe I'll update with a modified closeup of the Argus Array schematics at a later date, to be more of a nod to them...

Ahaaa, storage modules! Thanks I couldn't remember offhand, as I'd never found the (recycled Phase II) episode particularly interesting -- the graphic was simply useful for the concept!