Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

A (VERY) small nit, I'm wondering if any of these ships were to be commanded by someone of, say James Cromwell's stature, would there be enough platform in front of the command chair that those long legs might be dangling off the front of that relatively short platform?

@GeminiFan: I've checked for that early on, and don't worry, there's plenty of room on that platform. A lot of the bridge is actually bigger than it looks, the doors for instance are 2.4 meters tall, in order to make them accesible not only for tall humans, but for big aliens as well.

Well, the Galatea is done!

Last edited by Rekkert; 20th Mar 2017 at 17:52.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

LOVE the Galatea bridge, oh my god. Now my mind is trying to imagine the exterior of that little thing.

Thank you very much!

Well, here's the exterior of the Galatea, a Leander-Class frigate; one of the many beautiful ships designed by Conner Bentley, aka KillaBC.

Great work so far! It really captures the look of many of those interiors of the era.
    The ship exterior reminds me of a smaller Nebula class.

I have to say, the back of the Galatea bridge is scratching an old school itch of mine. I might actually adapt that to a design I was playing with, a barrel-shaped bridge for this super-runabout I doodles a while ago. The idea was to have it be a Star Trek VI-style bridge, but without the curves. I was never quite sure what to do with the back wall, but those "digi-pillars" might be a neat fix. I could see them continuing all the way down to the bottom deck.

Really liking the Galatea bridge. It's got that wonderful modified TNG battle bridge look to it.

SFM Obsessed
    Absolutely love it! Everything fits right in with the era and shipgrade; from the overall color scheme and style, through to the stencils, labels and pre-LCARS.

Have you any ideas on what a full Ship Of The Line bridge might look like in that era, like say the bigger Apollo or Ambassador-class? (I like a number of others, tend to reject what we saw onscreen as the "legitimate bridge" for the Enterprise-C, since it appeared more like a battle or auxiliary bridge in comparison to what came before and after...)

Eager to see what you come up with next!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Thanks for all the comments!

@BlueNeumann: Those back panels are inspired a similar back wall shown on the USS Sutherland bridge on TNG, I like them very much. Also, would you mind showing me those doodles you mention? I'm looking for a next project to do once I'm back on Buenos Aires in a couple of weeks, so I'm more than open to ideas.

@Starscream: I'll probably do a "Ship of the Line" bridge sooner or later, but I think the USS Carina Bridge by Conner Bentley is pretty much spot on for the era.

The ship that Data was in charge of for an episode and had that racist/cyber-acist? officer? I remember that from when I was a kid.

Here's the concept doodle I did of the super-runabout, for when you need more than a runabout but not a whole starship. Think the Prometheus from Prometheus. It's about three stories tall, uses a little TNG and a little JJ in the design. The stud on the top is the bridge.

That top level on the side is the bridge, that whole slanted wall is meant to be glass. The bridge follows the inside shape there, with a door on the side leading to the antenna room and stairwell.

And I actually have a TON of unusual Trek-related sketches in my thread, but since a lot of the older links seem to bust for some reason, I'll send you to my Tumblr, where I archive a lot of those things.