Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Nugget
    The Bridge of the Tsiolkovsky was a basic set wall, with the TWOK bridge chairs.

As far as the Voyager sets, They used the turbolift from TNG, which was redressed in s7, then redressed for Generations, then redressed for VOY, they also used the jefferies tube, various Kbeams, junior officers quarters, captains quarters, that stretch of corridor that was outside of the captains quarters, redressed (heavily) the transporter room, Holodeck area of the corridors. Engineering was originally the nacelle control room, and was then spliced with the remaining set from engineering. Parts of Sickbay were reused / modified heavily.

Basically the Bridge was new, the rest was redressed in various ways but followed most of the same structure as was laid out on TNG.

Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    Kinds strange that they have the commissioning plaque at the end of the corridor...
    Yep, but that's what they did. The bridge was completely depressurized at that point, so Riker and Data couldn't enter.

Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    Kinds strange that they have the commissioning plaque at the end of the corridor...
    At least it was readable, unlike the Enterprise-A plaque, located above the viewscreen where no one can read it, for no apparent reason.

I've finished the bottom part of the chairs, as well as the rails on the floor. This area is full of little details like the small insets where the padding meets the wall at floor level, it's really a slow process. There's a reason why I left it almost for last.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Wow... very nice! I really never noticed those floor rails before, or how far they extend... I guess the HD version of TNG really reveals a lot that we could never see on old 1990's TV sets!

Great work so far.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    At least it was readable, unlike the Enterprise-A plaque, located above the viewscreen where no one can read it, for no apparent reason.
    Oh god, I'd forgotten about that!

I've finished the bottom part of the chairs, as well as the rails on the floor. This area is full of little details like the small insets where the padding meets the wall at floor level, it's really a slow process. There's a reason why I left it almost for last.

Awesome work, although the more I look at it the more I'm glad they made some of the changes they did for Generations (I have a few of my own I'd add for that matter )
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@BolianAdmiral: Yeah they're only there on the first few seasons, I never noticed them until the HD releases as well

@evil_genius_180: Thanks!

@Starscream: I'm curious, that particular area had very little changes on Generations, what changes are you referring to?

Well, never plan ahead. I had hoped to be able to finish modeling the bridge by yesterday, however some personal stuff got on the way so I was only able to work today since my last update...

I've finished the aft consoles though, so that's that... I only have the door alcoves and the modeling part is done.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

The aft stations look great! Can't wait to see the door alcoves!

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Starscream: I'm curious, that particular area had very little changes on Generations, what changes are you referring to?
    As far as the rear is concerned, I'm mostly talking about the increased detailing on the bulkheads (look to the column either side of the red alert LCARS panel), the reduced intensity on the overhead lighting, the mesh-covered turbolift alcove lighting, the "grab handles" and the increased width on those decorative ceiling struts.

The "Worf perch", metallic detailing on the aft upper console panels, and the modified LCARS were certainly improvements too, though.

I think I'd be curious to see a "Parallels" set of bridge plant-ons added to the Generations set, to see how that looks.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I think I'd be curious to see a "Parallels" set of bridge plant-ons added to the Generations set, to see how that looks.
    IMO, that would look VERY busy. But one way to find out... lol.