Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

@BlueNeumann: Yeap, that's the episode.

I like your design, and your Tumblr is full of great drawings!

Well, I've finally went ahead and open a commissions page, for anyone interested in a 3D bridge or interior.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Resembles alot like my ship USS PROTEUS

I've started working on a modification of the Galatea bridge, the USS Charybdis. This one is a newer ship, so it has a more TNG/DS9 feel to it, and will be the first ship I do with 24th century style LCARS.

Lot's of modifications still to be done but here's some progress.

I love how clean and white it is... almost medical. I can imagine the LCARS being white and gray too.

And I love that you managed to use the TNG wall thingies in this bridge, too.

SFM Obsessed
    Awesome, looks very clean!

The only thing I might recommend changing is to make the wall struts solid, and similarly eliminate the grating/grill effects on the lighting: These always looked more appropriate for older era vessels like the Miranda and Excelsior classes (IMO, at least) to visually indicate their relative age, and looked wildly out of place on newer TNG era designs like the Nebula.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Looking good so far. It's nice to see it changing into a later 24th century style.

Thanks for the comments!

@Starscream: IMO the solid wall struts look older than the open ones, as they were used for the Enterprise-A, Stargazer, Hathaway, and other older ships as well. As for the grills on the ceiling lights, I do plan to change these. In fact I might end up changing the whole ceiling, both to differentiate the bridge and to make it brighter.

Here's some more progress, I've added more stations on the side of the lower level (sorry BlueNeumann ), as well as chairs for all stations.

Last edited by Rekkert; 9th Apr 2017 at 00:29.

Looking great. It sure was nice of you to give everyone chairs.

SFM Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Starscream: IMO the solid wall struts look older than the open ones, as they were used for the Enterprise-A, Stargazer, Hathaway, and other older ships as well. As for the grills on the ceiling lights, I do plan to change these. In fact I might end up changing the whole ceiling, both to differentiate the bridge and to make it brighter.
    Ah, you're going from the chronological perspective.

While I realise the open struts appeared first on the Excelsior, I also acknowledged the real-life reason for their presence; ie the production team needed ways to differentiate between that bridge set and the E-A. I (fudge) justify it in-universe by saying Excelsior as a prototype needed internal reinforcement to deal with the structural stresses of testing the Transwarp drive.... (being a more advanced production vessel, the E-B didn't have these same open struts - they've returned to the solid "cosmetic" bulkheads).

Essentially I go from the perspective that aesthetically they appear relatively older in comparison with most TNG ships. For example the struts and grillwork on the USS Brattain bridge, the USS Saratoga, etc etc.

Of course, you didn't mention precisely what class this goes on... Hey, have you considered putting some grill/meshwork inside those struts?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@evil_genius_180: I actually feel bad for the poor souls who have to stand up for 8 hours right besides the captain, better to just give them chairs.

@Starscream: As for the ship class, I'll be a Leander-Class just like the Galatea.

Well, while looking how to replace the ceiling, I've decided to add some inspirations from the Prometheus bridge, so the struts were replaced alongside the ceiling.

Last edited by Rekkert; 11th Apr 2017 at 02:05.