Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

As someone who has to stand 7+ hours at a time at my own job, totally appreciate the chairs.

Like the new ceiling! Makes the room brighter and the whites whiter.

I really like this look for both the structural supports and the ceiling. It has a great TNG look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @evil_genius_180: I actually feel bad for the poor souls who have to stand up for 8 hours right besides the captain, better to just give them chairs.
    Meh, I do that every day I work.

Well, I would give you two some chairs too if I could. :P

Final update for the day, I've added several more bits around the side stations.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    Awesome! It definitely looks like a pre-TNG bridge that underwent a TNG upgrade... Can't wait to see what LCARS version you "install"
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@Starscream: Thanks! I'm planing on early TNG style LCARS.

I've finished with the front part of the bridge. Except maybe a few details, I think I'm done with the modeling part for this one.

That looks really nice. Nice and clean TNG style.

SFM Obsessed
    Season 1 greenish-yellow + blue, or mid-Season "guest ship of the week" oranges and purples?

I was never a big fan of the latter (that combination always looked obnoxiously un-starfleet to me), but I have to admit it might work well here against the muted greys of the bulkheads and carpet....
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

SFM Nugget
    I love these designs! On your latest ships the side consoles are you following the established side console design for the Ent-A, Excelsior, Ent-B, Ent-E, Equinox, etc.?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/998788...7644542637766/

SFM Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by batboy853 View Post
    I love these designs! On your latest ships the side consoles are you following the established side console design for the Ent-A, Excelsior, Ent-B, Ent-E, Equinox, etc.?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/998788...7644542637766/
    IMO while that console layout worked fine for Ent-A and -B, it shouldn't have cropped up again -- it wasn't the defacto design by the time of the Ambassador and later generations, and the only reason it appeared on new bridges was because of the need for the Voyager production team to recycle their expensive Excelsior "Flashback" bridge. It looks glaringly anachronistic after TNG.

As for why Zimmerman recycled those consoles (not to mention the turbolift alcoves!) for the Ent-E - several generations down the line technologically and with a motion picture budget to boot - Lord only knows. That entire ship is an eyesore though, so meh...

greenish-yellow + blue, I don't like the orange and purple LCARS either.

The side consoles are completely original. On the older ships (Patagonia and Nomad) they follow that style closely, on the newer bridges (Galatea and Charybdis) they are less similar.

While I would've preferred a completely new design, they made the older console layout look good and TNG enough for the Equinox and Prometheus IMO.

However I agree 100% with the Enterprise-E, that bridge took so many elements from so many different eras (turbolifts from TMP, consoles from Ent-A, Light fixtures from Ent-B, details from the Ent-D) that even with the new chairs and central consoles, it lacks its own personality. I love the Ent-E, it's my favorite, but I hate that bridge, even the layout is awful and hard to read. The colors are cool, that much I would give them. I would love to have seen a version more faithful to Eaves' original concept for that bridge, with more separated consoles, and a far more consistent design style.

Rant over, returning to the Charybdis, all the UV maps for the LCARS are done, now I just have to produce them. :P
    Last edited by Rekkert; 14th Apr 2017 at 00:42.