Page 63 of 146 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Obsessed
    @Vortex5972, I don't know about you, but in my head at least the "idealised" version of the Hathaway/Stargazer bridge is fully circular ala the Constitution and Miranda classes, but using the same design of console as seen for the rear three stations here - bridging the gap between what we saw onscreen and what "probably should" have been present if TNG had a bigger budget
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    That would also work.

Regarding the railings, yeah, I understand and agree that they would look better as one piece, but keeping with the real sets I'm gonna keep them separated. We saw some continuous railings on TNG but they were on curvier rails, most of the ones we saw were segmented.

@ashleytinger: Thanks!

@Starscream: Thanks! I didn't want to add those standing consoles looking at the wall, I wanted to make the bridge look more uniform. Regarding the doors, yeah, I had noticed, they were just unfinished.

@BolianAdmiral: Thank you! You know, my original idea was to add those new stations at the side to make the bridge a bit more reminiscent to the Constitution, but then I had some second thoughts given that I also thought it shouldn't be particularly busier than the Cheyenne. I played around with the idea of making this the bridge for a Niagara, but in the end, I'm sticking to the USS Chekov, as that names gives me the excuse to play with the TOS aesthetic.

@Vortex5972: Thanks! I'm playing around in my head with coming up with bridges for the remaining 'Wolf 359 classes', so I'll probably modify this further sooner or later.

I've added more details here and there, including more of those classic TNG black lines that do nothing I've also replaced some of the LCARS on the aft consoles with isolinear chips, following the same pattern as they used on this set in 'Booby Trap'.

Regarding the doors, I went back to the red color (though I've made all the reds a bit darker) inspired by the Starfleet facility from 'Coming of Age', which being early TNG would be the same time period as this bridge. Just as those doors, these open up from one side only.

Well, I've modeled the chairs from the Battle Bridge as accurately as I could given the very few references I had from the Ready Room, they've replaced all the chairs and help make the bridge seem a little less cluttered IMO. I've also removed the LCARS columns from the back, I felt the bridge was getting too many LCARS and looked a little too busy.

Last edited by Rekkert; 23rd Dec 2017 at 04:24.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Okay, I seriously love this... and this I could totally picture as the Battle Bridge for a ship as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    I've added more details here and there, including more of those classic TNG black lines that do nothing
    Those weren't as bad as some of the other odd choices they made...

Great work on the doors. I like the "Coming Of Age" doors - the only other time we saw the door labels on TNG use the "Future Imperfect" beige color.

SFM Guru
    Another possible suggestion might be for a spirit-raiser if you want to play with it, Rekkert - in "The Sound of the Shiant" (the first Galaxy Chronicles story), there's a bio-lab on board the USS Galaxy that I picture is based off of the many battle bridge redresses (like your Zodiac, your Enterprise-C, and your SPringfield bridge here:

Aft station configuration would be the same pretty much, although since this is a science lab and not a bridge, there's a single stand-up console like the tactical console on your Zodiac (sans Brattain markings), overlooking the front of the room. In front would be an examination table, similar to the severely injured "John Doe" character lay down in the TNG episode "Transfigurations"). Viewer would be Zodiac/Cheyenne style.

@BlueNeumann: Thank you very much!

@BolianAdmiral: Wow, that control panel...

@Rusty0918: That's a good layout, I'll keep it in mind!

I think I'm done with the modeling. What do you think, did I went overboard with all the paneling on the back? The upside down panels from the Bradbury bridge were inspired on the actual panels from the USS Raman set.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    Good job! Those seats really do work well there.

Re: the black lines, eh. It's pretty understated compared to some of the TNG/DS9 sets. Looks fine to me.

I do think the handrails could stand to be darkened in line with the doors, and I miss the rear wall lcars panels but can see why you removed them. Only other thing I might suggest would be to maybe put some kind of TNG wall light above the doors - that area is a bit spartan otherwise?

But yeah, like I said - good job all round, and it definitely fits as a TNG guest bridge!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    OK I think I have another suggestion/request that may help get you back on your feet about the Ent-C bridge - the USS Galaxy's battle bridge! This would be based off mostly on the battle bridge on the Enterprise-D we saw in "The Best of Both Worlds Part II," with differences of course. The standing aft stations would remain the same, as well as the aft status displays at the rear of the bridge. However, this bridge would also have Hathaway-style elements, such as the command seating (the command chair and the first officer's full-length swing out station), although they're flipped for this (the command chair is on the starboard and on the port side is the full-length executive officer swing-out station. And directly in front of those are the Conn/Ops stations.

I would prefer that the tactical station lose the Brattain style lines of course. And of course none of that grating on any of the swing-out consoles (like we saw on the Hathaway bridge. You may be able to reconstruct the view-screen easier.

Gotta say, I like the TNG LCARS in that one-piece conn station.