Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Page Redirection Since The Site Went Offline Last Week

Downloads
    Uploads
    See if your blocker has custom filters then open a list of connected urls for sfm and block anything that is not sourced from this site or block all third party elements or sources.

ATM in my listing there are 3 suspect urls flagged other than google. They do change randomly so blocking 3rd party scripts is likely the easiest way to deal with the issue.

http://mlvc4zzw.space/1082464/
    http://mfio.cf/
    http://oei1.gq/

All of these are loading scripts or XML requests. And for me are auto flagged.

I do not expect anything server side to change anytime soon.

If you use ABP you can get element blocker and block those crap overlay things. But best is to find the source for the scripts and block the entire root url. Heck you could even trace rt the url and block the IP range from your hosts or the router.

I have had to block google here too as I had a few exploits flagged as coming from them.

To note I have not ever gotten exploit or spam since people started complaining about it. All i run is ABP element blocker (part of ABP), grease monkey to run a anti adblock script, and cookie manager (this is to set cookies to expire in the year 3485, just hate things resetting in 2 weeks or a month)

Oh I also run spybot which alters the hosts file and apply some sort of blocking for firefox, IE and the hosts file. It is out of date though as I do not have to run it as often as I did in the past. It might solve some of the issues as the hosts update blocks known bad urls and ip ranges.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Addendum, the site is still infected with the search engine redirect which is not blockable as the redirect is scripted in a way the search engine access produces a direct link to the spam site. Myfilestore is the most common. The site will create fullscreen pop-unders if you block any scripts it attempts to run. You might be lucky and these first click redirects are blocked by a good hosts file blocking tool.

There are plenty of examples of this with a google search

Given this one has apparently been around since the first exploit I am reconsidering if I should be drawing people here to experience these exploits and spam hacks.

I have also heard the owner has decided to give the site away on facebook. As facebook is a memberwall site and I refuse to join I cannot verify this. But if this is the case and there is no effort to fix these issues and the site is remaining up without a care to the membership or viewers safety, should we still be coming here and taking the risk? I know many who refuse to come back here or cannot come back as their security software flags the site and blocks it. I mean really some communication to the membership would be nice.
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 15th Jul 2017 at 05:39.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to agree, I always stuck with SFM because it's the site I like the most, but after the last downtime I had to start posting elsewhere as well. And with those redirects all the time, the site isn't secure anymore, not to mention that we heard nothing from admins about what the crash was or if something was done to prevent it from happening again.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well most of the admin I think are in the lurch as well. I keep hoping things will get fixed and we can move forward, but it seems like the head has died and the rest of it has yet to notice.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the site's up for grabs, it wasn't posted on his personal FB page. The last post I can see is from early 2016. There's nothing new on the Scifi-meshes FB page either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe the post was retracted I dunno as I got the info second hand.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a quite a lot going on here, and I don't have any good answers answers, but I'll try and clear up some things...

The redirect issue is a known one, but unfortunately there is no easy fix for it, since it's exploiting a fairly common, but difficult to repair exploit. I've been doing some research on what I think it is, and it seems you need actual server access to even try to fix things, and even so the exploit is pretty good at replicating itself. No-script and/or adblock are probably your best and easiest solution. I'm not getting any redirects personally (except on mobile), which makes it a little difficult to investigate.

Fixing the issue (most issues actually) would require a fairly involved forum and possibly server update, so there has been some talk in private about the continuation of the site, including handing it over to someone who has more time to dedicate to admin things, but there really has't been anything newsworthy to announce either way yet.

Personally, I try do to do basic maintenance at least every couple of days, but in the forum's current state that's mostly just wiping the spammers, and checking the site is still sort of running.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, there was some clean up work done on the server. Are you seeing redirects or any other nasties at the moment?
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I do not see the nasty urls showing up in the site the google/search rerdirect I dunno about yet as I have to well search for something on sfm and disable some attempts to block it.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for keeping us posted, Guerrilla.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast