Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond NCC-1701-A Interior

Yeah, this does look better.

I prefer the new version too, but both versions look great. I like how you've managed to progress on the original design while still capturing the same feel.

I did a the last bit of modeling on the "standard panel" that makes up the majority of the corridor. It's now finished. Now I've got to model access hatches, ladders, turbolift doors, regular quarters doors, etc. I wanted to see how it looked so far, so I instanced it around a circle to get somewhat of an idea. The first render is my two-tone color scheme I started with, and the second is purely white like the 1701, just to see how it looks. I'm leaning toward sticking with the two tone, but I also like the white. I'll decide as I start to get other elements in. The difference is subtle, but I might make the darker tone even darker to make it slightly more contrasted. Comments and critiques welcome of course.

Two Tone

1701 Pure White

Cool! Kinda feels like I'm on the world's biggest airplane!

It would actually be kind of cool to see some airplane furnishings in that setting, it might have a 2001 feel to it. Something like this...

or this

I prefer the two tone, I think. It breaks it up a bit more.

I'm also a fan of the two tone. It's not in your face color, but it's more pleasing to the eye than the pure white, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I realized too late that I had not been modeling a perfect cylinder, so I had some alignment issues. This left me no choice but to start over modeling from scratch. I altered the design slightly, but it's still mostly the same. I also modeled a corner piece so I can do hallway junctions. Also a quick standard lighting test, and a red alert one.

Right click open in new tab for full size render.

I've modeled about 80% of the "standard door" for the corridor. Again, taking the concept from the 1701 doors and just evolving it forward. Still more details and textures to add, but this is the basic shape. I'll still have to model a turbolift door, and perhaps a second design for a "standard door."

(Right click open in new tab to see full resolution)

Last edited by PixelMagic; 27th Jun 2017 at 07:35.

Looking great, dude. I like the door a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelMagic View Post
    Unfortunately, I realized too late that I had not been modeling a perfect cylinder, so I had some alignment issues. This left me no choice but to start over modeling from scratch.
    Ugh. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

I really like that red alert hallway, though it's weird that the lights which are blue on the 'normal' version turn red, and the white turn blue. Wouldn't it be more natural to have the blue ones stay blue and the white ones turn red?
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast