Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beyond NCC-1701-A Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    I really like that red alert hallway, though it's weird that the lights which are blue on the 'normal' version turn red, and the white turn blue. Wouldn't it be more natural to have the blue ones stay blue and the white ones turn red?
    I suppose I just figured futuristic lights could change color to be whatever they wanted...heh. Anything I'm making isn't final until it is. The blue lights in Beyond also turn red, which is why I did that here. Right now anything might change, including light colors and placement. That's why I wanted this thread to be open critique to get the best result at the end. Thanks.

LEDs can be tiny and powerful. You can buy color changing LED light bulbs today, to say nothing of 200+ years in the future.

Completely finished modeling and texturing the standard door. This is a door to an astrometrics lab. I'm going to color code the doors in blue and red stripes, depending on whether the room is science related or engineering related. Now onto designing the turbolift door...

Last edited by PixelMagic; 30th Jun 2017 at 15:34.

SFM Guru
    Really nice, the colour coding is a great idea.

That looks great.

Modeled the turbolift door and surrounding door frame. As well as the junction pillars. Critiques or suggestions welcome.

Last edited by PixelMagic; 19th Jul 2017 at 14:57.

SFM Nugget
    OOh my god!! Impossibly beautiful!! Sorry, no critics or suggestions, just a number of rapturous sounds which is difficult to interpret as a human language.
    My youtube channel.

SFM Nugget
    Really cool! Once again an inspiring project. I love the UIs

Looks great, though it's making me imagine an exterior that looks more like a sports car. Turn this thing black and you'd have a SuperCar SuperStarship.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNeumann View Post
    Looks great, though it's making me imagine an exterior that looks more like a sports car. Turn this thing black and you'd have a SuperCar SuperStarship.
    Heh. Well, I'm riding a fine line of changing it enough to be different, but not changing it so much that it's unrecognizable to the 1701 interior. The stark white of the 1701 interior was neat, but I wanted some color on mine. I'm keeping mostly everything white, but wanted to splash some color on the doors and labels. The final floor will also not be flat black but several patterns and shades of gray.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast