Thread: Photobucket Charging for Hosting

Downloads
    Uploads

Photobucket Charging for Hosting

Apparently Photobucket is now charging for hosting your pictures on third party sites ($40 per month or 400 per year), so you may see an image now like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asdasdad.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	114572.
    If you encounter this just switch to a different upload site. I don't think this policy will be reversed any time soon.
    https://renegadeinitiative.wordpress.com/
    "It's about the future, Madame Chancellor. Some people think the future means the end of history. Well, we haven't run out of history quite yet. Your father called the future - "the undiscovered country". People can be very frightened of change."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, they've gone money mad. It won't be undone anytime soon, and they're probably going to spell their own doom wanting people to pay those kind of fees for posting images on other sites. But, that's their deal. I have my own thing for posting images, but I've heard Imgur is a nice alternative to Photobucket. And, there's always Dropbox, which is just a storage site, so you can link to anything there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have long since blocked photobucket as I hated the view mBs worth of junk to see a 100k image and having to continue to click through to see the full sized image, if that was even available in the first place.

I suggest imgur for quick uploading but PLEASE learn how to direct link vs linking to the wrapped php. Usually they offer a direct url when you upload as one of the many options.

Best is to use something like Wordpress as you have some control over how you display the image in your thread and can manage your uploads. I think blogger is another option as well.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just use postimage.com. The images may not last literally forever, but they'll be up long enough for anyone who wants to to save/download them.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use DeviantArt. Yet to have any problems with them.