Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Quasar Technical Manual

USS Quasar Technical Manual

Hello!

We've been talking quite a bit with BolianAdmiral about an idea of his to create a Tecnical Manual style document for his Nebula Class USS Quasar, detailing things such as personnel equipment, auxiliary crafts, interior diagrams, etc.

In this thread it is my idea to detail each time he commissions me to create a piece of artwork for it, and if in the future he commissions someone else's for some of the pieces he's more than welcome to keep this thread going with those.

His first commission for this project is the creation of a Type-17 shuttle craft with some custom modifications. Here's the progress so far:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	114840  
    Last edited by Rekkert; 28th Oct 2017 at 23:43.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Cool. I like that shuttle design. Of course, they wound up just re-using and modifying the Star Trek V shuttle, but that's still a cool "what if" design.

Very nice start! Love it so far!

@evil_genius_180: Indeed it was just cheaper to reuse the Galileo in the end, but this designs fits very well but the TNG aesthetic, so it's completely plausible as another shuttle being used in other ships.

@BolianAdmiral: Glad you like it!

A final update for today, the nacelles are done (they won't have any grills or visible warp field generations) and I've started adding details to the main body. Also, I couldn't help myself and I did a quick shuttlebay using some scaled columns from my bridges.

Last edited by Rekkert; 22nd Sep 2017 at 18:41.

SFM Guru
    STUNNING. I've always loved the original shuttlepod design with its nice curves. It's just a shame production cost never allowed for it.

Very nice! The nacelle turned out great! Nice to have it in a shuttlebay, too!

This is going to be the shuttlepod Hyonos, as indicated, a Type-17 shuttle. It's the very first auxiliary vehicle/shuttle seen in the fanfic the Quasar (and the Zodiac) is featured in. It's the shuttle that first arrives from the Quasar to transport Captain Rachel Ariel to the ship, which is being prepped for launch at the Cape Canaveral Orbital Yards.

Unlike the fan versions of this shuttle already present, this version will as closely as possible follow the look of the very original concept pre-production model, as seen in the pictures below.

SFM Obsessed
    Good job!

I can't help thinking that the body of the Type-17 would have made for an ideal basis for a Defiant-type shuttlecraft, rather than the heavily modded Type-18 we got...
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@Nevets: Thank you! Indeed it's a very nice design.

@BolianAdmiral:

@Starscream: Thanks! Yeah, like I mentioned previously, it just fits in great with the canon designs.

I've added the side windows as well as several details on the top of the ship, and added some panels at the bottom, but I wanted to keep the overall design clean.

Wow... very nice! The side window is just perfect, and I love the bottom details! I agree that with the shuttle being so small, it's definitely the best idea to keep things as clean as possible, wherever we can.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast