Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Ashley's Star Trek WIP Thread

Very nice corridor! Has a bit of a Tantive IV vibe to it.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Very nice corridor! Has a bit of a Tantive IV vibe to it.
    LOL It does a little bit. I was trying to incorporate some elements from the Pegasus and the ship from Interface without looking like the TMP corridor with covers on the floor lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    Well, those could be used on freighters or transport ships perhaps. Or maybe small vessels like the Mediteranean-class or whatnot.
    I'm thinking bigger, like an Excelsior or Miranda, but it's a standard corridor. You could really put it in any ship. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Indeed! I loved how they looked in TUC, but apart from that it never really felt like those corridors "fit" with the accompanying sets supposedly showing the same ship - just look at the aesthetic difference compared to the TMP bridge, and likewise the later Ent-D (though the former instance I blame squarely on the bridge set design, as it looks painfully dated and out of place vs what came before and after it...)
    Yeah I understand Trek was on a budget. Re-using uniforms in Generations is kind of reflective of that. I just wish they'd been able to stretch it just a bit more. lol

SFM Guru
    I was thinking that corridor of yours (the straight one) could serve as that egress corridor I had in mind when the Galaxy has her battle bridge and stuff changed in 2365 that leads to a briefing room, ready room, emergency turbolift, etc. It would be a rather narrow corridor so it might fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0918 View Post
    I was thinking that corridor of yours (the straight one) could serve as that egress corridor I had in mind when the Galaxy has her battle bridge and stuff changed in 2365 that leads to a briefing room, ready room, emergency turbolift, etc. It would be a rather narrow corridor so it might fit.
    The nice thing about that particular radial corridor is that it's easy to cut up and resize as it's a set of flat pieces, unlike the concentric corridor which is more of a PITA.

Do you know how long and how wide you wanted that corridor?

Did some assembly layouts using the old parts.

Primary Hull Assembly

Secondary Hull Assembly

Top Down Layout view

And I'm impatient, and I needed a Holodeck entrance for my characters, so I took the wide radial corridor and used that as the Holodeck lobby and threw it in DAZ with some lighting. I borrowed the Holodeck door that Mattymanx put out for this one.

SFM Guru
    Looks amazing

Quote Originally Posted by SATR View Post
    Looks amazing
    Thanks!

Decided to do a quick red alert render while I worked on work stuff. Lowered the main lights to about a third of what they were, and obviously our blue highlights are an angry red now. Debating on swapping out the LCARS. Maybe not for door panels, but the wall sections with working panels having the red alert indicator, which you can't see here at all but I am thinking about lol.

The standing station here is based on the prop from Star Trek VI, which originated in the Next Gen episode Booby Trap, and was re-used in Parallels with a different graphic, and The Quality of Life.

The warp core graphic is modeled, not textured. I wanted to get that inlaid look to it. The other version of this prop has the two warp nacelles coils laid out on it.
    Last edited by ashleytinger; 8th Jan 2019 at 13:07.

I always loved that big transparent display
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I always loved that big transparent display
    I'm not including the 'pool' table in this Engineering area, so I thought I'd still put something there.

This one isn't going to be so open either. The Holodeck Lobby for the Saucer section is going to be the main entrance to Engineering in the Secondary hull, which means I'm going to need to brush up that Ambassador Engine Room I sketched up and model it. Blarg.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast