Thread: Circular saucer Voyager WIP

SFM Guru

Circular saucer Voyager WIP

Circular saucer Voyager WIP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_10160020754500725.jpeg 
Views:	191 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	114821  

Interesting

Interesting indeed... though I would have tried to make the saucer 'flow' into the secondary hull with a curve without an abrupt angle

Also, consider reducing the size of the Impulse engines on the saucer... they look too big right now.
    Environment shapes Human behavior. Greed, selfishness, competition, etc. are learned patterns of behavior as a result of living in an outdated socio-economic system that's based on scarcity and an unsustainable ideology of 'indefinite growth on a finite planet' that creates conditions where such behaviors will inevitably emerge.
    We need to unleash our science and technology into the social system which desperately needs an update.
    Reserarch the Venus Project and Resource Based Economy

^

I agree regarding the size of the impulse engines... I'd make them smaller. I like the idea of the circular saucer on this design... it's an interesting way to increase internal volume, without drastically altering the bulk of the design that much.

SFM Guru
    finished ship

Name:	received_10160021861740725.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	114835  

Cool... though I was thinking for the saucer connection an impulse engines size to be something like this:
    Hope you don't mind me editing the picture (I put on the proper credits on it, and I apologize for it being extremely rough).

Name:	received_10160021861740725.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	114837  
    Last edited by Deks; 25th Oct 2017 at 20:16.
    Environment shapes Human behavior. Greed, selfishness, competition, etc. are learned patterns of behavior as a result of living in an outdated socio-economic system that's based on scarcity and an unsustainable ideology of 'indefinite growth on a finite planet' that creates conditions where such behaviors will inevitably emerge.
    We need to unleash our science and technology into the social system which desperately needs an update.

Personally, I'd remove the impulse engines from the saucer completely and place them in the center on the spine.
    Sephiroth: "I've thought of a wonderful present for you... Shall I give you despair?"

The 24th century Intrepid class impulse engines are located on the back of the nacelle pylons.
    Seems odd that they are missing here.
    I would likely couple those with one large impulse engine on the spine like the Enterprise-D has it.