Thread: Reliant and Enterprise firing on each other and hitting.

Reliant and Enterprise firing on each other and hitting.

So I've been playing around with Dennis Bailey's V2 Connie refit for super long, right? Well, yesterday I happened to drop by the good old STMC and found a pretty amazing Reliant that needed minimal work before it looked spectacular.

I've also been trying to come up with a cool phaser effect that can sit with these models and I think i found it. I developed the technique for the explosions a few years ago, and I'm gonna marry the two in a cool shot. If it juices me up enough, I might do a small sequence. :-)

For now: here's a demonstration of the phaser effect and the explosion effect, rendered with FPRIME (nothing else I have handles reflections and radiosity with the immediacy of FPRIME <3 )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phasers.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	418.8 KB 
ID:	115356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Explosions.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	453.5 KB 
ID:	115357  
    I'm hot, I can write music, design synthesizers, and I'm a monster in Lightwave 9. What more can a girl want? <3

Ohh, interesting! That explosion looks great, cool effect on the hull and the reflections look awesome!

The phasers look good, though I'd tweak them a bit, make the red 'halo' effect on them thinner. And I'd also tweak the model a bit, to make the nacelles and torpedo launchers completely dark.

I look forward to seeing this come together!
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

I'm aiming for less than entirely screen accurate. You should see the photon effect I'm prototyping: pure post-Abramsian abomination! lol
    I'm hot, I can write music, design synthesizers, and I'm a monster in Lightwave 9. What more can a girl want? <3

Aaaaand the Reliant's gone. The computer I'm currently stuck with tends to glitch Lightwave a lot and I'd sadly been saving when it happened, so the version of the mesh I made all nice is now a collection of unusuable vertices. >:-(