Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The UNITI Project (Community WIP thread) - 2D & 3D

SFM Nugget
    Hehe.

I'll look it up in a sec, but I think it's a game format.

I'm not a gamer, I just hear a lot about it in the 3d arena.

I think you're talking about the Unity Game Engine. It's basically a kit for indie developers to build games on. Been around a little while so I'm comfortable it won't interfere.

Haven't done any 3D modelling in the last couple of weeks due to holiday, work and setting myself up to start on a shapeways store.

To keep you from dying of boredom, here is an attempt by me to learn to draw people, using a 10p biro. It's not brilliant but that's more the sketcher than the biro.

This is a ship captain from around 55 years before the 'current' setting, Melanie Uhmposa. I'm sure with some filters and stuff I could make it look almost vaguely human.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uhmposa.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	115430  
    Looking for (non commercial) Group: The UNITI Project - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7LAQ09u51M0APK

SFM Nugget
    Far better at faces than I can do. When it came time to draw a nude model in my drawing class, my teacher asked me who that man was in my drawing. She was a female model.

Sorry for the absence folks, some stuff took priority in real life again, I hate how it keeps doing that to me!

I wasn't entirely inactive during that time, though I keep opening Max, looking at the screen, sighing and then shutting it off! I need to get some energy going again! I have some time off work now, but going away without the big lump of a computer my old 3DS is on.

In the meantime, here is some old cargo ship, I am cobbling together... I do not know why the background keeps going white...

Name:	Old Cargo Craft.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	453.7 KB 
ID:	115509  
    Looking for (non commercial) Group: The UNITI Project - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7LAQ09u51M0APK

Going back in time, right to the beginning of manned space flight beyond the moon... The "Eden" class.... Or early bits of her. Two more pods, rotation mechanism and then external tanks to add yet.

Figured out I had "alpha channel" ticked and that was why the background kept going clear, at least in thumbnails. Nice to be back in the black!

Name:	Eden WIP 02.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	115562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eden Wip 03.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	115563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eden Wip 04.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	115564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eden Wip 05.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	115565  

Current WIP, which you may find a low poly version of in that ship line up. Given this item is less curved and more greeble-y, I'm finding it easier to get started.

Name:	Hillipa_Cruiser.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	115748  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12