Thread: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)

SFM Nugget

My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)

I've Started this build at the beginning of July, it is a subscription build where you only receive a few issues per month. 4 issues each time. There are 130 issues in all for the entire build. Because of the cost of the entire model, building it little by little is a lot more cost effective, at least for me. It is a very easy and enjoyable build as all of the pieces are pre-painted. There is no gluing or cementing required. Everything is fastened together with screws. Right now I've completed issues 1 - 22 and here is the current update for the build:

NOVEMBER/DECEMBER UPDATES - 2018
    Sorry about the delay in the update. The weather and work have been nearly impossible this whole last month. A quick update for my website, though: For those visitors who check for updates on their cell phones and tablets, I was able to get the issue of viewing the pictures on my website resolved. I have received several complaints about visitors not being able to view the pictures on my site. It seems there was a software issue that has now been updated, so you should be able to visit my site without any further issues. I've tried it on my own phone and now I don't have any problems seeing any of the pics. Thanks to all for letting me know about this issue! Hopefully everything is fixed.

My only update for Nov/Dec is for the DeLorean Build. I have over 50 new pics on the 1/8 BTTF DeLorean page. Check out Slides 57 - 110 on the 1/8 BTTF DeLorean page. The assembly goes very fast with each of the Issues received. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes per issue so I can do a few things every few days if I need to. This is a really enjoyable build. Currently I'm working on the building of the Engine. The details are just phenomenal. Please check out the pics. Drop a few comments if you can.
    As many of you know, those who have followed my builds over the years, December is a very low model building month for me so I will probably not be able to get much of anything done until early next year. The drydock has been on hold now for a while jus because of my job. But hopefully things will taper down by the 1st week of January and I can get back into the swing of things. Please be safe during this time of the year and I will see you in 2019.
    Thanks everyone!
    ~Mark~

http://www.NemVia.net

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7839.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	115662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7889.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	115663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7946.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	115664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7947.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	115665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8004 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	115666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8007.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	115667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8008.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	264.7 KB 
ID:	115668
    ...once it's activated, there's no way to stop it - Scotty DMa
    www.NemVia.net

Wow...I never have seen this type of sets before...I have to say, they look Awesome...keep it up bro.

I love Back to the Future and so naturally I'm a fanboy for the DeLorean time machine. I've been aware of the Eaglemoss issue of the 1:8 DeLorean for quite some time; If I had the physical space to display one in my playroom I could probably, maybe, almost convince myself to take a crack at it... but I haven't. A blessing in disguise probably!

About three years ago I tackled the build your own 1:8 scale Lamborghini Aventador by Pocher as a sort of Christmas present to myself, which was similar to the DeLorean in that it was largely assembled with the use of a screwdriver and modelling glue. It cost me about £500, around 100 hours of effort to build over a two weeks stretch; half of that time kinda stressed me out as I was paranoid that I'd either screw it up or damage it as I had never attempted anything like that before. Then there was the backache caused by my sitting on the floor for all that time. - It looks bloody good though (if I do say so...) and though it was satisfying to cross the finish line with it, the experience has pretty much put me off from attempting the same again.

Anyway, well done for taking on the challenge. I'll be interested to see how you get on.
    “Some say the glass is half empty. Some say that the glass is half full. I say the glass is too big!” - George Carlin

What's the price of the full set in American dollars?

Are you addressing NemVia regarding the DeLorean or me regarding the Lambo?
    “Some say the glass is half empty. Some say that the glass is half full. I say the glass is too big!” - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by D-Jota View Post
    Are you addressing NemVia regarding the DeLorean or me regarding the Lambo?
    Oh sorry, I mean for NemVia..

SFM Nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by The_meshmaster View Post
    What's the price of the full set in American dollars?
    Well, each Issue is $12.85 including shipping x 130 issues it comes out to $1670.50. It's actually a little less than that because the 1st 2 issues are $1.95 together as an incentive offer to start the build. That's about it. Is it worth the cost? Could be. I've always wanted to build this model as a kid, but I do like the larger scale. So to me it's worth the cost and the wait to build it.

Mark
    ...once it's activated, there's no way to stop it - Scotty DMa
    www.NemVia.net

You built a time machine...out of a Delorean?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy777 View Post
    You built a time machine...out of a Delorean?
    If you're going to build a time machine, why not do it with some style?