PDA

View Full Version : Challenge #6 Pleiades CX-01 Elevator Chair

Pleiades
15th Jun 2007, 21:23
OK, so here's my sketch for the chair (Bad artist). Mine is meant for a telepathic race with a sub organic ship. The chair is able to levitate the user and then proceeds to use waves of energy to relax the users muscles and prevent pains (Can be seen on the dark areas on the central parts of the drawing). The user is then in a levitation in the chair and they are cross legged (The stimulators keep blood flowing and user comfortable). The chair has a unit at rough head level so that commands are clearest and the user can directly communicate with the ship mentally. The user is closed in by force field to prevent outside disruption and because they are levitated, SHOULD the ship be hit by weapons, the user does not feel it, and can keep focused on battle.

Ozylot
15th Jun 2007, 22:36
I think your really brave to take on some organic stuff bro. That will be a great learning experience for you.

How does the chair get its power?

gpdesigner
16th Jun 2007, 13:13
I like this alot . . it has a serious LOTR Elvish kinda feel to it.
The style reminds me of this guy on Deviant Art . . .
any good concept, I am looking for this to come to life
gp

Zabiegly
16th Jun 2007, 13:46
Looks really nifty. Maybe it would look cool if you added a base where the chair levitates upon? Some forcefield emitter fixed to the ground that keeps the chair up?

Pleiades
16th Jun 2007, 20:07
Thanks guys.

I correct, it is not the chair the floats, it is the user that does. The chair is fixed to the floor to use power....

Update, heres what the mainframe will sorta look like...

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5323/01em3.jpg

gpdesigner
16th Jun 2007, 20:53
That sounds cool, the chair produces 0 gee forces around the occupant.
would that be like a stead force or does the occupant float like 0 gravity in space?
gp

Pleiades
16th Jun 2007, 22:42
Yep, the occupant floats in 0G space, feels no shock from the ship being hit or anything.

Thanks!

Keep comments coming please!

Zabiegly
29th Jun 2007, 09:15
This is to remind you that the Challenge closes tonight (29th June) at midnight CDT (GMT -6).

Please submit your final entry at the Submission Thread (http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/challenge-wips/28941-submission-thread.html). If you already did you are free to ignore this message. ;)