Page 3 of 443 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars projects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larsen
    Sweet stuff mate... Yeah I too think it's way easier to have all the models in one thread... just hope we don't get attached to one model in particular... then you won't hear anything but: "nice... but hows it coming on this or that model"

Very annoying
    I tend to get obsessive about the ISD myself, so I'll try not to post much of that and keep with other projects

Quote Originally Posted by SCIFI 3D zoo
    I was looking on your site... I didn't know you finished the droidekka. You completely modelled it with the normal "fractalsponge" detailing?
    Such as that is, yes

There are parts of it that I would like to redo, and maybe add to (like the back carapace), but otherwise I'm happy with it modelling wise. Needs textures of course, but it may be a while before I get it looking realistic. Not much of the WIPs are online, since I finished with it before I got my current site up and running. Eventually I'll put some of it up for people who haven't seen it before.

Great work!

Speaking as someone who is undergoing a TIE fighter as well I can appreciate how much of a pain it can be to plow through all of that minute detail, but you seem to eat it up. Can't wait to see more of the Vader model!

Again, kudos.

^your's is looking mighty good too, I may add

Anyways, results from tonight's work:

Look'n for work, got any? Lee80's Avatar
    very nice.. lots of detail..me like
    Praemunio pacis , instruo pro bellum... And yes, I changed my screen name...
    From the end of August till Febuary I bleed Navy blue and Orange... GO BEARS!
    Some Cool Sites: 3D Scifi | Scifi'ers Anonymous | Ejected Core | My Blog Click this!!!

Dallidas
    sweet!

wheee ... the master of details is back

awesome work!

Greets

Chris

Insane detail there mate!
    When they build you brother... they broke the mold - Bruce Springsteen.

Really nice. Have you seen Mike Verta's Tie? http://www.mikeverta.com/

I only mention it for the wing material he replicated. You might email him on that.

Incredible, just incredible.

I still have the original kit from it's first release that I put together when I was 7 years old, so this ship holds a special place in my heart.

Okay, I have to ask: what the hell are you using for references? I've never seen any shots, even of the studio model, that show the level of detail you're modelling.

Or are you taking the original design and adding even more detail?!? I shudder to think what a Falcon mesh would look like, done to your uber-degree of detail...mind, it's a good shuder, but still...
    Being a nerd is when you have an opinion about the design of a fictional spaceship from a movie. Being a full-on geek is when you personally know at least three people who could have done a better job with it, and wish they'd been the ones to get hired...

Star Wars Reference Photos here.