Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Blackfoot: Grandeur's assault ship

Downloads
    Uploads

USS Blackfoot: Grandeur's assault ship

Okay... we started another USS Grandeur related project. This one is being done by "Smallworld" and is looking great! He will be also posting pics along with me as the project moves along.

Blackfoot is the assault ship that is carried in the aft bay on USS Grandeur. Some of you might remember me posting pics in the Grandeur thread. She is deployed in combat situations as added firepower.

Here's some inwork shots of her...

Attached Images  
    Last edited by theCommander; 25th Dec 2012 at 15:41.
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks impressive.
    So I take it, that this ship is sort of a (heavy-)gunboat?

I like it, I'm looking forward to the final version.
    See the Shadows of Darkness, Hear the Scream of Cruelty...

That's why I've became a Warrior of Heart, Defend the one you like, Guard the one you love...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you're right. Thanks!!
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the design and modelling of it, however it doesn't look very Starfleet. Is there some sort of back story that explains the strange design and weaponadry?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, she isn't a Starfleet designed vessel, Somerset. Her mother ship, USS Grandeur, is part of the Interstellar Federation Taskforce (IFT for short), and that is a more special ops division of the Federation government that is in the first group of starships on the front lines... well, they actually start the front lines. They go in, get the job done by what ever means neccissary, and get back out.

The Blackfoot is an assault ship carried by USS Grandeur, with a gunship style mission type, designed to... well, assault. She has ablative armor, pulse cannons, at least six 180 deg rotation phaser turrets, two torpedo launchers, flack guns, maybe even a couple of combat drones. Small ships that can separate or launch from her payload, with phasers or micro-torps on board that can maneuver separately and cause tactical headaches to opponents. They could scout out dangerous space too. Hmmm, lots of things that they could do. Three interchangable mission pods for the back (mini-nacelle, sensor module, and a tactical module) for just the right combo needed for the mission.

Oh, and let's not leave out an evac-shuttle that comes out of the back. Now, donít fret about the ship in the pic here, it's a quick shoebox shuttle to show the size possible. Ten people (could fit inside) at a pinch and would be fine...

theCommander

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by theCommander View Post
    Well, she isn't a Starfleet designed vessel, Somerset. Her mother ship, USS Grandeur, is part of the Interstellar Federation Taskforce (IFT for short), and that is a more special ops division of the Federation government that is in the first group of starships on the front lines... well, they actually start the front lines. They go in, get the job done by what ever means neccissary, and get back out.

The Blackfoot is an assault ship carried by USS Grandeur, with a gunship style mission type, designed to... well, assault. She has ablative armor, pulse cannons, at least six 180 deg rotation phaser turrets, two torpedo launchers, flack guns, maybe even a couple of combat drones. Small ships that can separate or launch from her payload, with phasers or micro-torps on board that can maneuver separately and cause tactical headaches to opponents. They could scout out dangerous space too. Hmmm, lots of things that they could do. Three interchangable mission pods for the back (mini-nacelle, sensor module, and a tactical module) for just the right combo needed for the mission.

Oh, and let's not leave out an evac-shuttle that comes out of the back. Now, donít fret about the ship in the pic here, it's a quick shoebox shuttle to show the size possible. Ten people (could fit inside) at a pinch and would be fine...

Nice Work on the Tomahawk Class U.S.S. Blackfoot. This is a cool and original ship design. The only gripe I have is the Curved Warp/Impulse Engine Nacelles, I'm not a big fan those type of Nacelles. In my opinion there is to much curvature with those nacelles. Since this is going to be a Arsenal/Gunship. That ship should be armed to the teeth, It should have all the cutting edge weapons that Starfleet in there arsenal. As for the Phaser Turrets, there totally obsolute. I would go with a Phaser Dome, Its similiar to the Phaser Strips, but with Phaser array built with in a Dome and it would have 360 degree arc of fire.

If I was going to design a Arsenal ship it would have

Phaser strips
    Phaser Dome x10
    Pulse Phaser cannons x6
    Photon/Quantum Torpedo Tubes x10
    Phalanx Rotary Micro Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Placed on top of the middle of the hull. It can be extended and retracted into the hull)
    Micro Photon/Quantum Torpedo Tubes x6
    Self Replicating Mines
    Drones x10
    Adaptive Masking Camouflage
    Holographic Masking Camouflage
    Regenerative Shields
    Metaphasic Shields
    Ablative Armor

Good work and Keep the updates coming. I'll be keeping my eye on this project!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    splendid work mate, which program did u use to make this ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow, cool idea...
    See the Shadows of Darkness, Hear the Scream of Cruelty...

That's why I've became a Warrior of Heart, Defend the one you like, Guard the one you love...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awsome ship It looks like a mix of the Defiant and "Sarajevo" from Enterprise It will be a really interesting model once finished .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually it is a better refab of the old Banzai class fighter by Paul Cargile (who gave permission)...

... but once Smallworld and I started the thing, he felt it would be easier to just start from scratch. We wanted something "outside the box", like some of Grandeur-A's design is, so we just went with the flow.

I love Brian's BSG influences (one of the reasons I asked him to join the project), which is really good for the Blackfoot, because we want a grittier, rugged looking ship with teeth. LOL... we were just saying about a week or so ago that her body looks kinda like the Defiant... but it wasn't planned. Once we get the ablative armor all on, it'll look quite different. Of course the coloring of the raw model right now makes it look Cardassian or some other alien race. He'll get to that as the model and time permits.

I'm working on textures right now, so I'll show my progress in here with that and the markings. Here's a colorized one I did back before the armor and scaling (3x bigger now) came in to play...

theCommander

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast