Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wings of Saint Nazaire (Game Art) Large Images!

SFM Nugget
    I like the colour scheme, for some reason it remains me of the comic 2000AD.

Sweet!
    Another Howard Day project and even an homage to the good old times of gaming.
    Somebody blow something up, I'm in a really bad mood. Thanks in advance.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guerrilla: so, in a chatroom with 1 norwegian, 1 finn and 2 germans you figured american football would be a good topic because...

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Day View Post
    Coolhand: Thanks, man! I'd love to get a look at your pixelly side project.

floodcasso2: Indeed! Talk about a blast from the past! How have you been, sir? It's been... years, I think. The WC game has... well, at best it's on hiatus, and it's far more likely to be dead. Unfortunately so. I'm focusing on this in the meantime.

salsa: Thanks. When you say engine effects, do you mean on the fighters? or the cap ships? Either way it's similar...a gradient ramp mapped to the X axis, in the self-illumination slot. I can post some examples if you'd like?

EDIT: IRML: Heh, thanks. Well, we're looking to release a demo/first chapter by April next year... It will most likely be free, with maybe a donations link for those who would wish to help out. That deadline is pretty conservative - I'd say on the art side we're close to 75% of the way there already, and I've been working on this on and off for around a year already. I have mostly cinematics and Cockpit UI left to do, with just a few characters for the AGS portions outstanding.
    Would this WC game be Vegastrike? If so, did you visit a certain IRC channel owned by someone who shared your first name? If so, I know who you are And you might remember me

some absolutley awesome work there howard! really like the designs there, and the interior shots have some real atmosphere! keep it coming!

This is beyond awesome. This is pro

We want to see more. Moar, we say!
    Knowledge is light. Ignorance is darkness.

Freaking awesome... I love the nod to the Homeworld look.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight26 View Post
    Arrgh a new Howard project and I can't see it at work, curse you AF internet, curse you!!!
    I'm sitting here on my awesome AF computer thinking the exact same thing.
    "No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?"

1:16, 2:4, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13 - The Roman Road

MOLON LABE

SFM Nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvat View Post
    I'm sitting here on my awesome AF computer thinking the exact same thing.
    Army internet is much more cooperative, I can even go to Youtube.

The Kinky Turtle Sensei Howard Day's Avatar
    madmatt: Thanks, man! I'm glad you like it.
    Coolhand:That sounds great... I'm definitely interested.
    Knight26: Hehe, hopefully you've gotten a chance to see it by now - but for the future, I can post attachments, if that helps?
    Armondikov: Yes! I am nothing if not a huge fan of retro games... I've got a sort of obsession. :P
    Comco: Yep, good to be back. I'm glad you like what you see...And I agree with the crit of the Class B - I'll definitely be tweaking that one to be a bit more broken up... And I'm glad you like the Claw Homage, I am particularly fond of that old bird. And, no - there won't be any combat in those corridors - those are from the very beginning of the game - there's a lot of puzzle solving, and lots of story, but not much combat or action. Later, there definitely will be, though.
    Melak: Thanks.. I loved that ship, and I'm tickled I get to make more. And yes, I do!
    http://www.hedfiles.net/clarke/Final.mov (be warned, it's huge)
    Comco: Yeah, probably a good idea - If I can track them down, that is. :P
    Starship: Thanks. I love those old TTA books - they were definitely an inspiration!
    kippa: Hmm.. Interesting. Can't say I've looked at those...ever.
    lennier1: Awww, yeah! I hope I can get this one out there!
    Haturod: Ummm...No, the WC game was Pioneer - Here's a link to the forum: http://www.crius.net/zone/forumdisplay.php?f=28
    And It's no mystery who I am - That's my real name.
    Sukhoi_Flagon: Cool, I'm glad you like it! Some of the later corridors will be less beat up - It'll be a challenge to maintain that atmosphere.
    Dimitriy: Your wish, My command.
    BolianAdmiral: Thanks! Definitely another influence dear to my heart!
    Juvat: Curse you, AF!

Okay, more art! I'd like to introduce you to the enemies in the game - Not really come up with a name for them yet, but here are 4 main opponents you'll be facing...I'm working on a 5th now, and there will be at least one more bomber/ranged enemy. I then have to do the mid-sized and capital ships. Some of you might recognize some of these from previous 3d efforts...They are definitely favorites of mine.

And some related Alien FX:

Still more to come, when I finish the next fighter, and some more effects as well...

Enjoy!

animated PNGs? interesting, I've not seen that done before
    I pity the fool!

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast