Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 1,301 to 1,309 of 1309

Thread: Derelict ships

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's interesting, that's for sure. It kind of reminds me of a double ended umbrella.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The name started out with 'umbrella' or 'brolly' or something like that, then went through Thesaurus.com and Google translate a few times and ended up at 'Ombrageaient'.

I've used the drive idea at least once before. link

Downloads
    Uploads
    Started on the body.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet! I'm liking it better and better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Added some details. I'll be adding fuel tanks, some framework, and a habitat/control section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Added fuel tanks and a few details.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the tank configuration.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I'm late to the conversation, but part of the problems are out of this country's control. But other parts (such as planned obsolescence) can be prevented, but then, that is what happens when you don't have any serious political conversations going on, when they are avoided by the people who are supposed to represent us. Corporations do whatever gets them the most profit, and the little guy gets stepped up.

There are multiple issues concerning issues like this that will need to be addressed, or things will continue to get worse. There is climate change, pollution, the fact that we aren't a democracy, but an oligarchy, and said oligarchs probably want us to accept the idea that our future is bleak, so they can focus on what really matters with minimal resistance from us: the bottom line.

I also think that if we survive to get out there, we will find that many of the conspiracy theories of aliens and UFOs had a basis in fact. That is assuming greedy politicians and their even dumber supporters don't end up dooming all of us but probably the wealthy elite and their chosen few.

This will all happen by the end of this century, which will either be exciting or Hell.

Related note to the thread: wait, is this a sleeper ship, or does she have FTL capabilities? Seems rather fragile and primitive to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was a kid, it used to be "I hope I live to see that." Now, all too often it's "I'm so glad I won't live to see that." That's pretty sad.

Referring back to movies: Arrival is actually a good science fiction movie. I saw it over the weekend.

JES: The ship is moderately advanced. Oh, say a 3.5 out of 10 - with 1 being basic FTL. The small umbrella generates the drive field, and the larger one shapes/deflects/focuses the field to move the ship. It's a fast courier ship. Not much more than a drive, a few cargo modules and a habitat.