Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pen and ink ships since I can't model

For all the love of the Ringship, here's some further exploration as to its' shape and its' 80s-esque livery.

It's nice to see this getting some more attention. I like what you're doing with it.

For the nose of the scavenger ship, perhaps something similar to the ship used in the "Tholian Web"

Something like this:

Last edited by Starrigger; 15th Oct 2012 at 04:47.

Oh yeah! The Tholians! I can see that! Give it a little grille at the front, segmented cockpit glass, throw a truck look on that geometry, I like it!

Now add the "Wishbone" frame off the back that we can hang all the collectables and engines off of:

Last edited by Starrigger; 15th Oct 2012 at 05:59.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNeumann View Post
    Oh yeah! The Tholians! I can see that! Give it a little grille at the front, segmented cockpit glass, throw a truck look on that geometry, I like it!
    Not sure what "Truck look" would be, could you sketch something out?

I'm also looking for a sense of scale, how big do you see this being?

It's just got the kind of rivets and rust and grime you expect to see on a truck that's been plowing across the country nonstop. There's vents with gunk in them, some pipes have been replaced, maybe they stuck a bumper sticker or something like that somewhere, there's running lights with some pretty dim.

This thing is kind of a trash truck (I can just hear Fred Sanford's voice coming from it), the crew area inside is about the height-width of a truck container with some nooks at the edges (think Millennium Falcon).

So what do you think of the "Clean" Version? Are we ready to Frankenstein this thing?

As always, view the images to see full size.

Now that's a sweet frame on that thar ship...

Has lots of places now to attach all the bits and pieces that have been acquired over time.
    Veni Vidi Visa
    Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
    Christopher Hitchens: “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

It looks brilliant! The scale of it makes sticking the luxury pod on there much easier, too.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast