Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Springfield Class Starship in Blender

SFM Obsessed
    Likewise - to me she looks a little like a brief precursor (or sister?) class to the New Orleans.

The only problem IMO is the glaring size error on the original model, so that either the windows are far too big, or the bridge module and turbolift protrustions far too small! I'd recommend against replicating that particular feature...
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    The only problem IMO is the glaring size error on the original model, so that either the windows are far too big, or the bridge module and turbolift protrustions far too small! I'd recommend against replicating that particular feature...
    Agreed. I understand why the model was made the way it was, but there's nothing wrong with some artistic license to fix some scaling issues.
    "No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?"

1:16, 2:4, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13 - The Roman Road

MOLON LABE

I have to say, this is among my top favorite Trek ship classes. Sweet work on her so far!

Just about done?

I think so.

Some odds and ends to clean up, but she's basically there...

Here are all the same angles, WITHOUT the dorsal pod or the deflector attached:

Not bad. Pretty happy with the way she turned out. I think I am going to take the technique I used to panel texture this ship and retro-actively apply it to some of my other hulls. I really like how it turned out...
    "Of course the Neverlands vary a great deal. John's, for instance, had a lagoon with flamingoes flying over it at which he was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it." --Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Very nice!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345